ripped off again - same F*N breakers!

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4143 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

you may remmber this hwne i was needing my fuel pump for my yammy,

well they have wjsut well and truely fkd me over for side panels for my SV.

stay well away from MT Motorcycle unsell you actually physically go there and pic up n pay for parts.

how could i bee so stupid as to beleve i was getting a too good to be true offer.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Exactly how did they rip you off?

in future make sure you get it in writing, even if its just an email, that way you can get on to trading standards if you get fuck over again

my bank is on it - after phoning the company ended up phoning my bank to open a case against them.

what happend was i ordered parts, and they undercharged me - no fault of my own.

went to order more parts and they said they would make me a deal on the parts i was ordering since they made a mistake,

so i paid a bit more on ordering the other panel, and they never sent anything out.

phoned and asked whats happening - said they didnt have the parts in stock and would refund, then only refunded me £90 instead of the £144 i paid.

dont think its fair that they made me a deal they were unable to deliver, then on refund kept money for another part nothing to do with that transaction.

Matthew, Take it as a "LIFE LESSON" don't deal with them again and spread the word, then call them and let them know where to look for your comments on the net so they know that to piss you off there is a price to pay. Will not make much difference to them but it will make you feel better to have a go. If you can facebook them and anything else you can think of all the better. :jossun:

As he says matt, tell em about forums etc,,,, Did you not try Breaking point in aberdeen,, :eusa_whistle:

As he says matt, tell em about forums etc,,,, Did you not try Breaking point in aberdeen,, :eusa_whistle:

i did try breaking point haha - first call on everything even before flebay!

got an indicator, just the one, for 4 quid as they didnt have the set, nae bad cos on ebay from breakers they are like £18 each!

but yeah, phoned them to imform them that the bank have opened a dispute, and that i have informed everyone i know, including highlighting them on the various forums im members of, to stay welll clleaaar.

Boy said the manager will be in touch

See result!! You might get some of your money back, always worth a try and the worst that can happen is your still in the shit but feel better about slagging them off. :jossun:

>>what happend was i ordered parts, and they undercharged me - no fault of my own. so i paid a bit more on ordering the other panel, and they never sent anything out.

UNDER...? Or OVERcharged you the first time?
Also, if you were overcharged the first time, why would you pay *more* the second time?

>>phoned and asked whats happening - said they didnt have the parts in stock and >>would refund, then only refunded me £90 instead of the £144 i paid.

How much did they undercharge you the first time?
If they undercharged you by £54 the first time then that's the amount they retained from this second incident, which would square away the account between you.

I'm not sure I follow.
Did you get any quotes in writing or on email?
Do they mention handling or admin charges, VAT, postage, or anything extra like that?

>>what happend was i ordered parts, and they undercharged me - no fault of my own. so i paid a bit more on ordering the other panel, and they never sent anything out.

UNDER...? Or OVERcharged you the first time?

Also, if you were overcharged the first time, why would you pay *more* the second time?

>>phoned and asked whats happening - said they didnt have the parts in stock and >>would refund, then only refunded me £90 instead of the £144 i paid.

How much did they undercharge you the first time?

If they undercharged you by £54 the first time then that's the amount they retained from this second incident, which would square away the account between you.

I'm not sure I follow.

Did you get any quotes in writing or on email?

Do they mention handling or admin charges, VAT, postage, or anything extra like that?

They undercharged the the first time.

The point im trying to make is that they made a deal with me, for the other parts, and this deal they did not deliver.

therfor, according to the bank, breaching the contract for sales that had been made - and they should have gave me a full refund of my second payment

2 transactions. You are entitled to the full cash back for the second one. I doesn't mean that they can't chase you for the first one depending on how they undercharged.

The problem I think you have in trying to take this too far is that if you agreed to the first amount the fact that they undercharged doesn't mean you don't owe it as the first agreement will be taken as a contract.

Best call it quits and don't use them again.

• Like 1

You can't hold the moral high ground as you have goods from the breakers that are not yours. For about £30 they can issue a summons for the balance of the money you owe for the first transaction. This can be done in a few minutes online. You will then get hit with the original shortfall and fees.

I would just accept that you lost nothing. You just had to pay the correct price for the first transaction that you may have got away with if you didn't go back to them. Nothing lost, nothing gained. Stop letting it eat you. Draw a line and move on from it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online