BLACK OR BLUE DT-125R?

BillyBennett
This post is 4166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye billy" painting plastic is a tricky game,, :eusa_think: ,, unless you getting it done pro" ,, needs plastic primer....

I think you have blue plastics on your DT 125R but you would like to have black plastics.

Rub them down with some 600 wet and dry. Wash and wipe over with a tack cloth. Spray with a plastics primer (Halfrauds do this) and then spray with a plastic paint. Lacquer if required.

Can be done in a day and left overnight to dry. Pretty easy really if you use the right stuff. The good thing is, if it goes wrong, let it dry off. Rub down and start again.

No one of the reasons I bought a Yam is because they are blue. I wouldn't buy a Yam unless it was blue. Might seem a bit daft but that's just my O.

They do like nice in black, I just think makes should stick to their own brand colour, if I ever get a ninja it would have to be green and when I eventually get a Ducati it will be red.

They do like nice in black, I just think makes should stick to their own brand colour, if I ever get a ninja it would have to be green and when I eventually get a Ducati it will be red.

Ohh my are you sayin that every yamaha should be blue :o,,,thank god for variety...bet you hate my sig picccy :D

Speaking as a TDR250 owner here.

Black is fastest, best, coolest etc........always.

Hard decision, I forgot about the tank, if I were to get it black, could you get everything matte?

Matte is a good texture of paint the only thing i found was that its not petrol resistant un-less you laqure it thus making it no longer Matte. i loved my Matte black tank till some twat nudged me at the petrol pump and sloshed the stuff over my tank and then wiped it all off.

I love black. SOME yammies look good in blue but if every bike manufacture stuck to there only one color rule then it will be a boring old world.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online