New lunatic in the assylum....

carlmt
This post is 4159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good evening one and all,

A little introduction -

My name is Carl.........usually known as CT...........nearly 50 years old........and I have made arrangements to become the next custodian of Drewpy's excellent, restored 78 XS400.

I have been searching for one of these for a few years now - missed out on a few, and none as good as this one - as my father bought one new (blue) in 1980 when I got my first bike (CB100N) when I turned 17. He bought his from Motorcycle City in Greenford, Middlesex at, I would guess, must be a discount as (I understand it) it was a discontinued model by 1980 (I stand to be corrected).

I do have a photo of his bike somewhere - I will dig it out and post it up.

Really looking forward to collecting this one........however, here is maybe where you guys and girls can enlighten me.....

To date, I have been a Honda owner and, subsequently, have obtained most of my parts for my classic bikes from David Silvers. For the Suzuki, it is Crooks............

But for the Yamaha? Who do we go to for hard to obtain parts? Who has all the old stock squirrelled away?

Need to know these things, really must keep Drewpy's bike in top order!!!!

Look forward to hearing from you guys when you have the time.....

Pip pip..

CT B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Greetings we need more loonies here , you can never have to many loonies on a forum , as for classic yam parts Yambits for pattern parts , try Fowlups at bristol for gen parts, or Granbys they are yam dealers that are helpful with classics , Govnors bridge have loads of old stock bits for most jap models , also ebay, and old parts shop singapore

don't forget motoward and yambits

you also get all the receipts I have collected over the resto so should have everything you need :)

I have also sourced abroad cmsnl (dutch) yamahatopdog, bike bandit, old bike barn, and parts N More (USA)

• Like 1

Welcome CT! I'm green with envy... such a beautiful bike! :wub:

Welcome CT - you're picking up a great bike there, good on you!

Stick around and keep us updated on the bikes adventures...

Welcome CT, nice to have you in the nut house. :jossun:

• 3 weeks later...

Where are my manners!!!!!! :sorry:

Thank you all for your kind welcomes - i have been measured for the straight-jacket, and the room has been freshly padded.....it would appear the last resident had a whale of a time in here as it needed completely redecorating :buzz:

Still havent managed to run up to Drewp's place to collect the bike - most likely be early June.

Fingers crossed that the sun will shine that day eh?

CT

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online