2010 XJ6N Steering Lock

R34PER
This post is 4174 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Some thieves tried to steal my bike the other night :( and in the process broke my steering lock (although my disc locks stopped them making off with it). Now I'm just after a guide or some info on how i can remove or replace it since the steering is snagging up now when i turn lock to lock which is obviously not ideal. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumb:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is the kind of thing that I would take to a garage. Especially as it is a modern bike.

If the lock comes on when you are riding, or something jams, you will be in a world of not very nice stuff.

This kind of ignition lock will have security screws holding the lock on and these are a pain to remove. Also I would guess that the key has a passive transmitter in it which matches with the ignition to deactivate any immobiliser. Mess this up and it will cost a fortune. I messed one up on a Jeep Grand Cherokee about 15 years ago and it cost £400 to fix, then.

Could be an expensive month ahead then with new tyres needed, service, MOT and now this :(

Thanks for your help though.

Got it out in the end. The way they had forced it caused it to fragment so i was able to slide/tap the pieces out from underneath.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online