My new Acerbis Active Dual Sport helmet and camera setup

j0hn
This post is 3986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got the Acerbis Active Dual Sport yesterday for £124.99. Had to find a new place to mount the camera because the elongated chin took over most of the left side. New placement on top seems much better, was waiting for the mount to dry in and going to give it a test today :D.

The helmet also comes with a nice interior sun visor!

AcerbisActiveDualSportContour.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a note to say that people should be careful of using certain paints, glues, solvents etc on helmets as some will react to chemicals and it will ruin the integrity of the helmet. You may not find this out until the helmet is subject to the stress of an accident.

Good advice but these use 3M adhesive pads (manufacture supplied) and is the same type supplied by all the major companies such as GoPro and Drift. No doubt these companies and in particular 3M would be subject to law suits if they are supplying products to the end user that haven't been through rigorous safety testing and extensive research and development. If you are talking about the average super glue then yea, you'd be doing something wrong there.

Just wanted to say to people:

"don't get your old jar of evo-stick out to to this, unless you know what you are doing"

Looks really smart John, I like it.

I was using a full-face helmet (Duchinni D839) before, Grouch. I did end up fighting the wind a few times with this new helmet though.

Thanks Airhead, I wouldn't buy a helmet without a built in sun visor.

I noticed I've been getting more attention during my rides. Might be down to the camera being more visible now and everybody wants to get in the shot lol :P.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yea, it should be solid proof for insurance claims if the worst were to happen. Other than that, it's mostly just looking back at funny shit I come across during my commute.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online