timing chain on my Yamaha xvs 250 dragstar?

danny_robbo
This post is 4173 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone tell me where my timing chain needs to be on my Yamaha xvs250 dragstar 2003, or where I could find the answer. I have already tried owners and service manual and no help there. thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure what you ? is obv the chain is in the motor .Are you asking how to time it?

Can anyone tell me where my timing chain needs to be on my Yamaha xvs250 dragstar 2003, or where I could find the answer. I have already tried owners and service manual and no help there. thanks in advance.

Timing chain needs to be inside the engine :eusa_whistle:

If that wasn't the question that was intended, and you want to know the set position, all I can tell you is that the XVS 125 is 15 degrees BTDC, basically the same engine. According to the 125 manual it is non adjustable

Whats the problem?

Not sure what you ? is obv the chain is in the motor .Are you asking how to time it?

Yes I'm asking how to time it. My mate stripped down the engine, and doesn't know the position of the chain in relation to the cogs to put it back together. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Thanks

Not done one of these but, generally there are marks on the cam sprockets also marks at the bottom to line up.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online