Best Guess?

slice
This post is 4037 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, Would not normally ask this but just wondering if anyone might know what a good price for a Yamaha RD350B might be? I only ask as I am selling one for my neighbour who has had it in his garage for the last 20 odd years, so as you can imagine it is more than a little dusty rusty and generally in poor condition, all the parts are there and it has a V5 from 1975 so a genuine candidate for a resto, but I have put it on to ebay and am snowed under with OFFERS! even tho I said no offers in the advert, bloody pointless putting it in there really! Still just curious what it might be worth as I am not now a stroker fiddler, used to be but like something slightly less manic now, any good guess from the resident 2 stroke fans would be welcome, thanks all. :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They only fetch 1800 quid or so in good nick. Some jokers ask 1000s but thats either tiny milage minters or total rebuild restos.

this one you mean , http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-RD-350B-Spares-or-Repairs-ONLY-/281085748696?roken=Ucm4Js

Vehicle enquiry
The enquiry is complete.The vehicle details for HCV 379N are:
Date of Liability 01 11 1986 Date of First Registration 05 03 1975 Year of Manufacture 1975 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 347cc CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour RED Vehicle Type Approval

Not Available

Ok tis registered as red ,

do the frame and engine numbers match? if it is a 350B it should start 521 if that is correct it will be worth more ,

red as original colour scheme and 351 engine/frame number would denote RD350A

that tank and colour scheme is from a RD250A

350B,s where silver in the uk and some blue ones in europe

if it is a 5 speed that is a 350A the B was 6 speed,

have the barrels got 347cc stamped at the bottom ,

as for price it is worth what someone will give you for it, let the auction run for the best price

Hi Slice there's a guy named preload on here, who has just completed a resto on a 350b really nice example too, he might give you a good estimate he posted some pics to me in a thread the bar, xs400 unleaded, could be worth a look.

i'd let the auction run and see what you get for it.

now is the best time to sell :)

Thank you all, Mervin your a star mate exactly as you stated the tank is off of the 250 that was part of the original deal cos the original one was rotted out, just had a look and it is 6 speed (DOH!) and the barrels have 350B on them engine and frame numbers match and start with 521, so appears to be a genuine bike with a few bits off of the old 250 he had, after 20 years things get lost and I suspect that is what happened here. I am letting it run to the end Drewps as he will not let me do a buy it now cos neither of us know what the thing is worth, still don't as most of you say it's only worth what someone will pay for it. Thank you all once again for your time and thoughts it's very much appreciated. Martin. :jossun:

Answer the question I just sent publicly , it will add to the auction interest if people see the numbers are correct and match

Merv

Thanks Merv Just done it and also my neighbour confessed that he guessed ??? the numbers when I called him (DICK!) so it's NOT the 350A but is the 350B still ok with that but the lazy sod didn't want to get cold so told me what he thought I wanted to hear, went and looked myself all sorted now and neighbour is now trying to get his head out of his arse! :shakeno:

I've seen the one on eBay and to be honest I think the asking price is a bit much going by the general condition and certain bits are not RD parts and others are off later RD models. To get it nice will cost thousands.

Genuine UK models can go for good money however just to get a good B fuel tank will cost quite a bit.

Hi Preload. Wondered if you might be along! Your right I think, but as I say in the advert NOT MINE so I really have no idea what should be on it or not, as far as my neighbour is concerned that's how it arrived 20+ years ago and that's how it's stayed. Been sitting under a shelf/bench thing all this time covered with good intentions and sod all else unless you count cobwebs and sawdust I suppose! To be honest it's not as bad as it seems in the photos as up close and personal it's quite good for how it's been treated, was amazed that it actually had compression and the wheels turned. Someone will want it no doubt and probably be very happy to own it, at this time I/we have over a 150 people watching it, go figure? :crazy:

Your right someone will go for it however its going to be a money pit and its not even a UK model. I just hope the winner is looking for a keeper.

Just to keep those who kindly answered my question up to date I sold my neighbours bike on EBAY, I DO NOT believe the price he got for it!! some suggestions on here were for £1 K for a reasonable one well believe it or not it went for more than that in it's present state :crazy: , it's time to revise your estimates on old bikes I think, seems that they are a premium product to some people, this raggedy arsed thing went for more than I would have dreamed of. It seems some people will pay anything to own a piece of 70s nostalgia. Time to look in your shed and out the back behind the coal shed you could be holding onto a fortune without knowing it. Oh well thanks again for your opinions. :jossun:

wow slice! if i ever decide to sell one of my bike's i'll be asking you to list it for me lol.

hope he at least got you a create of beer as a thankyou well done :hyper:

Not supprised Ebay prices, if it was advertised anywhere else it would have been different.

Tommy if you think I want to do this again your very much mistaken more phone calls from would be buyers than you could shake a stick at, never again.

Mervin I have no idea what they were thinking buying this at that price bloody mental.

Preload it seems that ebay brings out the worst in people, some kind of bidding frenzy I suspect.

Anyway thanks for your advice earlier and YES I GOT A CRATE OF BEER!! :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online