xv 125 sluggish start symptom

Kelum
This post is 4061 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dont get confused with my other thread regarding the old bike. This is about the one I bought lately and riding at present.

Today I stopped at a shop and when starting the motor jst cranked twice without starting...then I cranked again while squeezing clutch and accelerator then the bike sluggishly started reving and as I accelerate slowly started ......

Next after one km I stopped and restarted to see if the prob was ok, then it was gone...

I have been using same plugs for almost a year now...could this symptom mean bad plugs? I didnt check them yet....

Thanks in advance! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I could be and is vcheep to replace, just to make sure. Did it crank at normal speed? If so it could be a sticky carb float or something like fuel evaporation. Evaporation will be more noticable when the engine is hot and you haven't left the bike long enough to cool down. Also worth checking if the fuel tank breather is working properly.

I should check all u've suggested tomorrow. Yes crank speed was ok...

Will check the inside of the carb later.

How can I check if fuel tank breather is ok? Should I rinse the lid with a carb cleaner? or WD 40?