SV insurance

DirtyDT
This post is 4182 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got an email from Confused...... today about the SV insurance renewal. Checked my insurance on it and it doesn't run out until early May!!! Cheeky barstewards, trying to get my cash more than a month early.

Fully comp with £400 excess (£200 compulsory and £200 voluntary) was the cheapest quote at £75.45

Hastings, with £300 excess (£100 compulsory and £200 voluntary) was next at £82.11

Went onto the website and changed the voluntary excess to £0.

Hastings came back with £100 compulsory excess and no voluntary excess at £82.11 - yep the same price as they quoted with £300 excess.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is that for both bikes Newm"e, ,,, :jossun:

Drewps------ your a corny twat, :ct: , :babyha: ....

im currently lookin for insurance for my SV650, when i put it into go compare, it was 270 FC with £200 excess, that was from wicked quotes ( who my xj is with ) when i phoned to enquire about swithich they said it would only cost the £25 admin fee - meeaning it wud have been £152 ( the price for my xj) dont understand why there is such a difference when its the same insurer, and my details are the same!

How close are you to renewal on the XJ? It is possible that the scheme you are on is preforming well.

Insurance, at underwriter level, is generally based on 3 criteria; Risk, Burn rate and maturity.

Risk - Age, postcode, experience security etc.

Burn rate - The amount of money paid out against money paid in on that scheme.

Maturity - How long the scheme has to run before the underwriter renegotiates it.

What they are looking for is for the scheme to have a low burn rate (low pay out rate) over a maturity that is coming to an end. This increases their chances of making money on the scheme.

I used to work for a company that sold insurance products. This included Triumph.

• Admin

Have you tried giving YOC's partners at Bikesure a call?

If not give them a call on 0800 089 0225 or apply online. You generally get cheaper rates calling though.

I haven't tried Bikesure yet Alex.

I did get a call from Swintons about the renewal. The story goes:

They offered to reinsure me for £152.

I declined.

They then offered to give me a cashback voucher for £60.

I said take it off the premium.

They then said £92.

I might stay with them as simple to do and never had an issue with them.

Be careful of cashback schemes. These are known as "attrition incentives". Normally they can't be cashed in before a few months and often are only valid for a short period once they become "live". The point is that many people either lose then or forget to claim them within the qualifying period so you end up paying the full price. That is why business' love them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online