fs1 no top end speed

gazzasfs1
This post is 4048 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi I have a 88 fs1 I am currently restoring I have checked the piston and barrel and it is 43.00 mm not standard 40 so nice and tight I have changed the carb a mishumi 16sch which does have a slight sticking float problem so occasionally drips out of overflow I have fitted a early fizzy exhaust wadding taken off baffles points good timing not checked yet and new spark plug I no it is a restricted model but when I accelerate I can get it up to 40 mph in 3rd gear soon as I put it in to 4th the speed drops right back to 30 so frustrated any one out there no about these bikes please

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye Gaz" does it rev out cleanly in third ? is it 4stroking? what colour is plug, that float needs sorting before adjusting any thing, :yeah:

hi mate it revs out very clean as I say gets up to 40 in 3rd then just slows down in 4th the plug is grey to black

Aye Gaz" does it rev out cleanly in third ? is it 4stroking? what colour is plug, that float needs sorting before adjusting any thing, :yeah:

hi mate that's worth atry thanks

maybe to highly geared? could be worth going down a couple of teeth on the back sprocket

Black " thats ritch, how does it start ? does it need long time on choke ? check the air screw [ turn it fully home , count turns] then turn out 1.5 turns, is it stock sprocket settup.? as fiZZ"s were under geared, they topped out at 45mph, so your only 5 mph short, abait in 3rd, its sounding like its got a bigger front sprocket, or smaller rear, on :eusa_think:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online