DT 125 X '06 starting problem

emilz23
This post is 4005 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello my dear Yamaha fellow :)

So, in last year, when moto season was going to the end, my lil' yamaha was started to have problem with "coming to live" aka starting up. I tried to figure out, whats the problem, but no success. So I parked and prepared my yamaha for winter.

So, in recently days, I found myself that spring and moto season is not far, so i get my yamaha out of "winter sleep" and started whatcing and searching for the problem. Me and my dad feagured out, that problem may be in starter, so i take out starter form under of engine and opened it. It was full of dust and black inside. Starter coils was in very dramatic situation, too. So I cheanged them. Starter now worked as new. I pluged it in engine and screwed it in place ...

Seted up all, and started up motor. It was like starting, but then i saw interesting thing what happened. On CRANKSHAFT ASSY there are Magnet (in generator) in end of assy and before it is big gear (nr 003) who is connected with smaller gear (nr 007) - this little gear is incisioned by starter. So after clicking "start" button on handlebar - the big gear is srating to spin and in the second (if magnet is in real place) starts spin with magnet together and starting engine (from sound i can tell it) ... And if i release "start" button the magnet stops imeadetly spinning, but the big gear is stopping far more slower (as wheel in the air if we spin it with power - and after we release it, it keeps spin) ... After than, i push "start" button - it keep starting engine or spins without magnet and not starting engine (not moving crankshalf) or fuses starts them work and I cant start engine, because from (http://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Yamaha&T=DT%20X%20%20125&Y=2006&L=YA-DT-X-125-1&O=BATTERY&F=YA-DT-X-125-1_BR&L2=YA-DT-X-125-1_BR nr 015) is not allowing it ....

So where is the problem why the "big" gear and magnet are not starting and stoping together - when i push or realese "start" button. How i can fix it?

Pic in here - http://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Yamaha&T=DT%20X%20%20125&Y=2006&L=YA-DT-X-125-1&O=STARTER&F=YA-DT-X-125-1_AL&L2=YA-DT-X-125-1_AL

Model - Yamaha DTX

Engine - Yamaha 125 cm3 (2 stroke) orginal from DTX

Year - 2006

Parts - +/- all orginal.

HELP!

P.s. And is it possible to put kickstart mehanism to my Yamaha DTX 125'06 from Yamaha DTR 125 '04-08????

Like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DT125-DT-125-DTR-125-DT-125R-DT125R-2006-ENGINE-KICKSTART-DRIVE-COG-GEAR-SHAFT-/151016508705?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2329490d21

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

In all honesty Emil, you're biggest problem is trying to communicate with us, I personally don't understand a word of what you are saying. Sorry.

@ AirHead - As I sad - When i press the button, when the big gear and magnet are in right place , starter moves little gear, little gar moves big gear, big gear moves magnet, they together moves crankshalf - and motor is trying to start, like it does when all was right. But, when the big gear and magnet is not in right place - the big gear is just spinning for no reason - nothing happen, only that big gear spins OR if fuses starts working, and that little thing, where "+" wire is going to battery and wire who is comming from starter and multiple wire who are goig to CDI, where fuses are located at - are making "click" noise when i press "start" button.

.edit - if i mannualy get magnet in right place it is starting motor. But if i realase button in wrong moment and big gear spins to far - engine not starting.

@For all - sorry for my bad language .... :(

When i will have time - i will make video ...

Ok I got what hes sayin the sprag clutch isn't catching.Also didn't help that the first link takes you to the elce's not the starter clutch page

emilz you need to fix all parts in nr10 ...12roller and 13spring are free wheeling around and not "ramping out" to lock up part 10 to the crank. Week springs worn rollers are your problem,or worse the crank is worn down.

Ok you must have missed this

Ok I got what hes sayin the sprag clutch isn't catching.Also didn't help that the first link takes you to the elce's not the starter clutch page

emilz you need to fix all parts in nr10 ...12roller and 13spring are free wheeling around and not "ramping out" to lock up part 10 to the crank. Week springs worn rollers are your problem,or worse the crank is worn down.

As far as putting a kick start on your inner case would have to be machined/cast from the factory to fit in the kick starter and you would need an new outer case with the hole in it and the kick assembly.Wouldn't it be easier to fix the starter clutch ,it will definatly be cheaper.

The springs and rollers won't cost more than 20 bucks.

20130324161557.jpg
20130324161605.jpg
And inside in case are spot behind cluch special for something (i think for kickstarter).
.edit - i think i can repair the starter and put in kickstarter - for reason if starter "end" again.

Yep you can put in the kick then,ididn't know the case was already set up for it, you should have posted the pict first.

The larger gear is suposed to spin after the started button is released,it's only "locked" to the crank during starting via the roller's #13,and wont lock up once the eng is running.

More than likely new roller's and spring will fix it, or are you talking about the kick :eusa_think:

In replacing ... i am talking about starter ... by the way, where i can buy them? And, please ... http://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Yamaha&T=DT%20X%20%20125&Y=2006&L=YA-DT-X-125-1&O=STARTER&F=YA-DT-X-125-1_AL&L2=YA-DT-X-125-1_AL which of these i need to cheange ( Im asking because, i will send request for parts in yamaha shop in my country, so they can find and order them) ...

And in kickstarter - should that, whant i linked will be compitable with my bike?

Opps it's early morning and I just got up.... the sprage clutch contacts the back of the stator (magnet as you call it).. not the crank,so you will need a puller to get it off the crank.

In replacing ... i am talking about starter ... by the way, where i can buy them? And, please ... http://www.oemmotorparts.com/oem5.asp?M=Yamaha&T=DT%20X%20%20125&Y=2006&L=YA-DT-X-125-1&O=STARTER&F=YA-DT-X-125-1_AL&L2=YA-DT-X-125-1_AL which of these i need to cheange ( Im asking because, i will send request for parts in yamaha shop in my country, so they can find and order them) ...

And in kickstarter - should that, whant i linked will be compitable with my bike?

Parts 11 -12-13 for the starter,,,,, the kick check the part # for both bikes if it's the same part# then yes.I don't know what parts fit from other. NEV would have a much better idea. But it looks like it would

So, from whitch "DT" models the kick starter mechanism is compitable to my model? In e-bay are many mechanisms from 2000 to 05 ... but no 06 ... are those are compitable to my model?

And - as i looked at yamaha kickstarters, then yamaha yz 125 kinckstarter is the same as yamaha dt 125. Im i right?

Please someone can give me sizes of mechanism of yamaha dt 125 04-08?

As DT502001 said "check the part # for both bikes if it's the same part# then yes." To do that, you can look at the online schematics on sites like powersportsplus.com for the different years/models and see if the part numbers are the same.

I have no # on my bike, because i have not got such a part, because it orginaly is not coming with my bike. So ...

Peoples at yamaha.com have such a information about this question of my?

Hmm... I see what you mean. I can't find a schematic for the 2006 dt125x that shows the kickstart mechanism. :shrug: I would call the Yamaha dealer and see if they know.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online