neewbie dtr 125 owner..

This post is 3991 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So it was already clean? Or have you just cleaned it?

Ken

sorry for the late response yes it was allready clean ken.seems to be electrical I can take the valve cover off and watch the pulleys work once I ride it with the bike being under load and give it a handful the valve stops working.i can stop turn off ignition turn it straight back on the valve performs its cycle and then it works again.its now doing this all the time,cheers

There is also the black and green wire behind the clocks. This restricts the revs.

The 'electric powervalve'. It's always been electric on the DTR mate. It's controlled by a motor. However the DTR has seen two generations of the YPVS. The 3 wire servo and the 5 wire servo. They are not interchangeable but I can't see why you would want to.

Make sure the YPVS is set up as Yamaha intended and leave it like that. That's the best way to get the most power out of the bike.

thanks calum122,the reed switch behind the clocks was already taped up and moved away from the clocks it red lines so am sure its not that may have to have the valve back out and readjust its in the fully open position I cant see or feel any of the valve if I look up the exhaust port but I have read this only gives power on high revs.this in my case seems true my valve dosent come in till about 6 to 7 thousand rpm

is there any pics or does anyone know where the valve should be set for all round power,mine is fully open if I take off the exhaust and look up the exhaust port or feel the valve is flush.is this correct because I am only really benefitting from the valve when the rpm,s hit 6,to 7 thousand rpm,s I would like more bottom end I am now running standard rear sprocket and a 15 tooth on the front for a bit more grunt on bottom end but the valve still dosent want to play till after 6 thousand rpm,ime assuming its in the wrong position,any help much appreciated cheers mick,i also binned it 2 weeks since 2 broken ribs broken finger and a broken collar bone and knocked my shoulder outa place oops,the bike suffered nothing more than popping the fork seals,stong bikes bruised ego lol.also I cannot get my hand round this boost bottle it wont run with it on it performs terrible and coughs and splutters

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online