Relying on Others.....Aaarrrggghhh

jimmy
This post is 4202 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Fuck all to do with bikes (well long term it is) but don't you hate having to rely on others. I will be getting my garage converted to a bedroom so over the last 2 weeks I took time off work in order to build a new workshop. Firstly my back garden is a 1 in 4 slope so I had a load of digging out to do to clear an area 3m x 3m. Got it all done, put down some shuttering and ordered 2 tonne of hardcore last thursday with a friday delivery date. I also spoke with the guy who'll be doing my garage conversion and he tells me he'll get concrete organised for tuesday (today). Well the friggin hardcore didnt arrive until this morning along with a pile of excuses, and I had to work like a dervish in order to get it down and compressed in time for my concrete delivery. I get it down and contact the builder but he doesnt answer my txt or calls. So at around 4pm I have accepted that he's let me down as well and I'll have to order it direct at about double the price. I fugging hate having to rely on other people

Kinda bike related as when its done thats where I'll be keeping my bikes.

Rant over

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its why i do most everything i can myself.

Most of the time im dissapointed otherwise.

• Like 1

Oh I feel for you! I too hate relying on other people. It's been nothing but "next week" with the shop that has my motor. Plus after I got my wheels mounted, they weren't true... so now the same shop has those again so they can fix it right this time. And I'm sure it'll be a whole lot more next weeks before I get those back too. :madflame:

Its why i do most everything i can myself.

Most of the time im dissapointed otherwise.

Cynic

Believe me mate, I do everything I possibly can (being a tightarse Scotsman), hence the digging out of about 3 tonne of dirt and rocks, and the 10 trips a day for 5 days to the dump with a full car load each time, I just couldnt get 2 tonne of hardcore plus 10 x 8'6" railway sleepers (for the retaining wall) in a wee honda civic.

Scouring the internet at the moment to compare the price of buying a 10 x 10 shed or building it myself

And now I've calmed down, I apologise for the sweary words

reminds me of an old advert.

"tell 'im Tuesday..... not which Tuesday though"

HAHA yep I know allabout waiting,called the guy who sells wood on saturday and ordered 3 more cords ,winter is not showing any real signs of letting up, he said no problem I bring it over tommorow afternoon,,now 4 days later wondering what afternoon he ment?Good thing the truss co around the corner has lots of end cuts or I'd be freezing my but off

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online