Re-egistering a rebuilt DT50MX

Davyp
This post is 4207 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've recently been rebuilding an old DT50MX as a bit of fun but I'm having problems registering the bike. The bike is a 'bitsa and any documents that there were, have been long since lost along with the original registration no. I Wrote to DVLA asking them if they could supply me with the original reg. using the frame no.(VIN) for reference but they replied that they no longer had a record of the VIN. I now will have to re-register the bike and have a another(age-related) reg. no. issued. Does the club have a vehicle validation procedure whereby, if I supply the VIN, the club can supply verification of the year of manufacture? I understand and accept that usually clubs may charge a fee for this service. Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers Davy P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye Davie" thers a guy on here, and the DT forum, Paul Dawkins, hes a registered dating agent, You might need to fill in forms " classic vehicle made of classic parts" if ther is too much changes to the bike, ie- different frame - engine etc,, i did that , took my Z900 for inspection, [ got number plate wth bike] turned out was different frame A4 - engine Z1b. and number was from a nother A4 900. :eusa_doh:

It was in A box when i bought it, :idea:

heres news.

of 14th April. The HMRC C&E389 " Import Duty paid " Form is obsolete.

They`re introducing a new system, with an as yet unseen ( !! ) Form called N.O.V.A.
I`ve been in talks with the HMRC Project manager about this. ( Amazing, they do reply to enquiries !! )

And it appears We ( Importers of used vehicles ) Will be able te register tax paid onto their new system , on vehicles imported previous to 14/4/13 also.
I`ll keep you up to date , as soon as I know anymore myself !!

In the meantime , hang on to your old C&E389 form. As it has the details the VAT registered Importer will need to re-apply for an entry on the NOVA system.
( How long they`ll take to input the info , so the DVLA can see it and register a bike/car is a worry, but it will slow up Vehicle registrations I suspect )

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online