MOT for the MAXIM

slice
This post is 4209 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just a quick query, would any of you happen to know if it's possible to get an insurance for one day so I can get the Maxim to the test centre and back? It's just that I don't have a trailer and the thought of paying £60 + the price of the MOT so they can collect and return is a bit steep as it's only 2 miles away, if you also happen to know who might do this or have done it yourself please point me towards the insurance company that you used, thanks all, any advise would be appreciated. :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Some companies will do it, but it would probably be cheaper getting a 4 hour van hire from a local hire firm, or better still if you know someone with a van

fuck me!..... for 60 quid i would push the bastard two miles hahahaha!

Sorry but i'm not sure about one day bike insurance...there's certainly a few for cars but that's totally different. Maybe if you can borrow someones van or pick up truck 4X4 you could do the insurance on that? or check the car websites for a bike insurance option. As far as i know you don't need insurance for MOT.

If you do find day insurance for the bike you might aswell book the MOT for somewhere abit further away so you can at least make the most of the money spent on the insurance. When i did mine the nearest place was about 40 miles away, and as i had not been on the bike for about two weeks i was more then happy about the 80 miles round journey. :jossun:

Let us know if you do manage to find day insurance on the bike, might come in handy for people in the same situation.

Thank you both, seem's that I will have to get them to come and get it (BUGGER!!) Oh well.

P.S welshwan, the thing weighs in at about 600+ pounds and I would have a heart attack if I pushed it 20 yards let alone 2 miles. :biglaugha::biglaugha:

I would call your ins co and see if they will transfer you policy for the day from your other bike,my broker does it,what she does is fill out all the paper work,as if starting a new policy but "forgets to file it" then if nothing happen IE accident or cops then she just throws the paper work away when I call the next day to transfer it back. Saves her the hassel of doing the work twice.

I'm afraid I don't have ny actual experience of short-term insurance, but I did a search on the net and came across this: http://www.flexirider.co.uk/.

Might be worth a look?

Thank you all but finally got the new owner to insure it and now I can ride it on his policy, best yet it cost me nothing YIPPEE!! :jossun:

Well done slice, a freebie is always a result

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online