New kid on the block

This post is 4215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys, wanted to introduce myself, im Danijel (Daniel[J is silent]).

Anyway, im fairly new to dirtbikes, i had a 1990 Honda XR100R, loved that thing, i learned to ride on it. Unfortunately a couple months ago i let a friend borrow it while i was gone for a weekend, i cam back and it was in pieces, and burnt.. He said the air filter contacted the muffler, caught fire, and the whole bike went up. There was nothing salvageable or worth repairing..

Well a few days ago i traded a friend for his old dirtbike. I'm not sure of the year, neither is he, but it looks like an 84 or 85. Its Yamaha DT 125 Liquid Cooled.

Ive only seen it 1 time, in his garage. They havent rode it in about a month or so and when i tried kicking it over it seemed like there was no force/pressure in the kickstart. They said it has a problem with the clutch system as wen starts it jumps and doesnt want to shift gears. They said they're pretty sure its not the clutch so im thinking clutch cable. Ill be sure to post up more as i find out.

I havent recieved it yet, still trying to find a ride down there to get it and bring it up here.

Any help/tips/info is great and im not new to forums so i know how they work, no need to worry about problems from me.

Thanks ahead guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Danijel. :welcome: aboard!

Hey Danny,

Just Hang Tough for a bit and take it Step By Step. I'm sure You've Got The Right Stuff...

What...? You said you were from New Kids On The Block, right? :D

Ha ha, welcome to the nuthouse!!

• Like 2

haha i use to listen to them all the time, so ive been using that alot on forums for my into haha

i should be getting the bike at my house in a couple days, wana get it here tomorrow though so i can get it going for the weekend

Alright mate, welcome to the forum.

You really need a new interest to list mate. I mean c*rs... :fingerwave::fingerwave:

haha watd u mean a new interest?

He mean Auto"s ,,, :hah: . Bikers always call them cages " see where were coming from, :drive: welcome by the way , spoke to you in chat, already :jossun:

haha yeah i remember, and i added biking to my interests, but im not a fully caged ride, just some light rallying for now haha, i gotta get a trailer for it so i can haul my bike around

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online