Is your actual annual mileage close to what you've told your insurer?

j0hn
This post is 4050 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Did you tell them a legitimate estimate and if you have happened to go above your initial estimate, have you called to let them know? How big was the premium increase with respect to mileage increase? I recently read that the mileage is one of the first things an underwriter checks before accepting a claim.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The more miles ridden, the more risk of a traffic accident. Mileage is on every MOT and written in most service books so easy to verify. I always go high to never have to worry about it. It might add 50p to my £100 fully comp policy.

If you show them the video of your near miss John they will double your premium anyway and demand that you only ride in daylight. :biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha:

• Like 1

I was just thinking the same thing.

I think I estimated 6000 annually, as Im just back on a bike and wasn't sure how much I would do. But Ive already done over 1000 in my first month and that includes a week of snow.

Given that we've not seen any good weather yet I'd better increase it with the insurers.

They are always looking for ways to not pay.

MCE ask you for your current mileage and copies of your driving license. I was told by one insurance company not to worry if it was 1000 miles over but if it was 1000s over then you need to declare.

Well as it turned out I had told my insurance company I'd do 9000.

I said it is looking closer to 12,000 at this stage.

They said not to worry but monitor it and let them know later in the year.

There wouldn't be any extra on my premium. Hooray!!

But the would be a £30 admin charge. Boooooh!!

ExiledBacchus, what insurance company you with?

i get classic insurance with 2000 miles, i just disconect my speedo for a while.

Ha, that's awesome. No one could challenge you :P

MCE ask you for your current mileage and copies of your driving license. I was told by one insurance company not to worry if it was 1000 miles over but if it was 1000s over then you need to declare.

Yea, I'm with MCE. They don't seem too harsh with their policy, but I'd better check just in-case.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online