Yamaha XVS 125 Dragstar

juliatwin
This post is 4229 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i am new so take it easy

I am thinking of buying a yam xvs 125 its not been used for 2 years it looks good

but the owner who i know as said it was all good the last time he used it

exept it need new crank

can someone help me on cost

also after 2 yrs would it be more trouble then the worth

its 2003 1600 mls he wanst £450 for it he as owned it for 6 years

thanks julia

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome julia " 1600mls and the crank is shot, :eusa_doh: . giv it a wide berth,, its been abused, and thats an engine rebuild,

if it was dirt cheap and an engine from breakers, maybe, but thers labour costs , if your not spanner litterate :eusa_snooty:

New crank , upward of £300. labour depends on area, London" 600quid,. i canna believe it got buggered crank, at 1600mls, you shure it wasna Cam shaft ? thats top end, he says it was all good,,last time he used it,, :eusa_think:

If the crank is bad then I would leave it alone. a second hand engine will be a few hundred quid. It might be worth £200/£250 if you know someone who can fit a new engine in it. How sure is he that the crank has gone?

Brand new crank shaft from Yamaha would be about £1,000.

Yes, that's one whole thousand of your English pounds...

Even at 16,000 miles clocked, a fucked crank is a neon sign announcing that the bike has been seriously abused.

50-75,000 might have been worth looking closer... maybe. Probably not, though.

Run away VERY fast!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online