Lost photo's appeal

conna
This post is 4223 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Everyone

I would be grateful if you would all consider viewing this youtube photo slide show and posting it onto your Facebook or Twitter accounts and ask for it to be re tweeted or shared in the hope that I can reunite these photo's with the owners who lost them.

I am a keen metal detectorist and whilst I was on holiday last year I found this badly corroded Digital Camera under the wet sand by the sea. Although the camera had been there for many months the memory card was intact with 83 photo's on it. I have written to many places for help without successso far but I have been contacted by a reporter today from one newspaper offering to help. I think the Social media is a powerful tool and to be honest I think it is possibly the only way I will ever get these photo's back to the rightful owners so I'm relying on the goodwill of others to assist.

Many thanks in advance for your help

Conna (Virago 535 owner) :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Drewby, the Exif data only gives the shutter speed and the make of Camera which was an Olympus U 101 or something like that so no real info on it. I recon it was lost in August 2010 as on the back of the newspaper the guy is reading, I enlarged it in Photoshop and got the football results off the back page and googled them.

Mervin, I made an error when I put the video together by saying I found them in North Devon, it was actually in Cornwall on Holywell bay beach. I spend most of my holidays in North Devon so that was at the forefront of my mind while I was doing the video. It took me ages to do it and it wasn't until later I realised my mistake but I didn't want to redo it. As long as it gets around and someone recognises the people though that's the main thing.

Many thanks.

Hi Drewby, the Exif data only gives the shutter speed and the make of Camera which was an Olympus U 101 or something like that so no real info on it. I recon it was lost in August 2010 as on the back of the newspaper the guy is reading, I enlarged it in Photoshop and got the football results off the back page and googled them.

Mervin, I made an error when I put the video together by saying I found them in North Devon, it was actually in Cornwall on Holywell bay beach. I spend most of my holidays in North Devon so that was at the forefront of my mind while I was doing the video. It took me ages to do it and it wasn't until later I realised my mistake but I didn't want to redo it. As long as it gets around and someone recognises the people though that's the main thing.

Many thanks.

unusual, as it normally gives time and date stamp as standard

Conna, I'm an ex submariner who is supposed to be all hard and aqualine, but this has really touched me, I do hope the parents see this and get in touch.

Awww Mike 1949, we all have feelings deep down no matter how tough we think we are.. Thanks for all the comments and help guys. I have had an email from the Express and Star newspaper tonight offering to help with an article, only trouble is they want a photo of me too as I found them, Oh lordy lol. Ah well it has to be done I suppose.

I will of course post any progress up.

Regards.

I forgot to mention Drewby, I think the time and date will only be on the Exif date is the owner set the time and date on the camera. I'm pretty sure though that the photo's were lost in late August 2010.

Awww Mike 1949, we all have feelings deep down no matter how tough we think we are.. Thanks for all the comments and help guys. I have had an email from the Express and Star newspaper tonight offering to help with an article, only trouble is they want a photo of me too as I found them, Oh lordy lol. Ah well it has to be done I suppose.

I will of course post any progress up.

Regards.

Let us know how you get on conna, this is a big one that we all want to know the outcome.

Good for you Conna, good to know that there are nice peolpe out there willing to help. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online