New member - yamaha rxs 100, need tlc

londonrulz
This post is 4124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

I am newbie to this forum as well as motor-cycling. I have got a yamaha rxs100 off ebay for £500. It is in a running condition but there's rust over quite a few parts and the aluminium coat on the engine block has come off. Wondering what can be done about it.

I have taken some pics but not sure how to attach it on here.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Ali can be bead blasted or liberal use of something like Autosol, some cloths and pleanty of elbow grease. Do not use steel wool or a steel brush.

Some people would consider rubbing it flat and using some high temperature silver aluminum spray paint.

Welcome rulz" you have a trusty 2 stroke, :yeah: simple engineering,,, you should buy a manual ,,, read up before stripping the bike,,

Thanks for your reply and welcome guys.... will definitely need to get hold of manual before unscrewing anything. Just waiting for the right weather to start some work on it :).

yes i did realize later that I paid bit high for this condition. Got a bit desperate and very excited with a thought of owning a rxs100..

Got a bit desperate and very excited with a thought of owning a rxs100..

Thats what its all about,, :yeah:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online