help with new test rules

spermwail
This post is 4164 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all .. sorry if this topic has been done to death already but i need help asap ..

my other half (my bird) is 46 and has just passed her mod 1 in december and her mod 2 on friday 8th feb 13 on her gn125 and now has a full catagory A licence ..

my problem is that the new rules are so crappy to understand that anywhere you look on the web including .gov or mcn nothing is clear about what my other half can now ride ..

because of her age (over 24) i think she can now ride up to 33hp bikes for 2 years because its cat A ???

did the rules only change for under 24s meaning the rules stayed the same for older bikers or am i wrong and she has to ride a 125 for 2 years ???

i do not want her on the 125 forever as there is no umph in small lightweight bikes ..

i would like to get her a decent power bike not a runty 125

all the info on the web is so conflicting with no definitive answer to my problem .. help please

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Morning,

I'm still getting my head around this too... I'm not sure about your other half as it appears she has done her full test on a 125, mod 1 before the changes and mod 2 after the changes. I have no idea if that affects things.

To be on the safe side, I'd ask the bike school she did this with, they'd be able to give you a definite answer. Sorry I can't be of more help.

However, I found the following article which is written in simple terms. It may be of some use to other people out there who read this thread. Sorry, you'll have to zoom in, it was the best picture I could get.

da82e1118b7ae05d652da668809c09f5.jpg

So to ride a 50cc moped all you need is a full car license and a CBT in which they can ride with out L plates?

So to ride a 50cc moped all you need is a full car license and a CBT in which they can ride with out L plates?

Looks that way but for some unknown reason they've reduced the top speed of 50cc mopeds/scooters