Clear coat,,,

blackhat250
This post is 4247 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well painted my first tank this week [Ts250] put on decals [ with soapy water.]

looking great, Aplied lacquer tonight, [Pro XL 1K] Dust coat ,then 2nd, as finishing 3rd coat and a wrinkle appeared in two places,[reaction,] dam it

do i wet sand now 1200 grit , then re-apply. or pollish it out with compound,?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

depends how deep the reaction is and where!

try compound first, and if that don't work, work your way through the rougher stuff

Well " just wet sanded it. and it was only last coat of clear, its flatted out, will compound pollish on sunday,

That is a right, royal Pain in the a***. Glad you could salvage it. I got the dreaded crinkle on the last piece of the TS. I had to strip it right back.

I must say that there is a distinct lack of pictures for this project John!!

Ahem " wheels are of to get new rims and spokes.engine rebuilt. Wil post up pics when finished.

by the way , no smilies and faded page again, Wtf is wrong with forum,

Ahem " wheels are of to get new rims and spokes.engine rebuilt. Wil post up pics when finished.

by the way , no smilies and faded page again, Wtf is wrong with forum,

flick the switch John, top left of the reply pane

Ok paul " :yeah: Ha " smilies again, whats that button for, [ top left] I spoke to another freind [ car painter] he said i was too quick between coats, and to sand ,then reapply another coat of laquer, then pollish, its still look good now that i"v flatted the wrinkles , :princess:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online