Model Identification

gary09
This post is 4237 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, I live in France and have juust bought an air cooled DT125 which has a first registartion date of 1991. Frame number is 2A8186892. Everything I search for with that year is water cooled, can anyone please assst with what year the air cooled models stopped and what year colour scheme this is? It has a red frame and black tank if that helps. Thanks for any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a very courteous reply from Yamaha who have informed me that it is a 1989 model, manufactured in Feb 1990 and was registered in april 1991. Seems it must be one of the very last air cooled jobs?

Sound like it could be an aussie bike. Does it kook like this one.

http://m.gumtree.com.au/yamaha-dt-175/v?adId=1014012794#yamaha

I had a very courteous reply from Yamaha who have informed me that it is a 1989 model, manufactured in Feb 1990 and was registered in april 1991. Seems it must be one of the very last air cooled jobs?

my money is one a bike just like ours Jason, with perhaps a red frame and big square indicators...2A8 pretty similatr to ours

Thares a great forum for these bikes in France gary...dtmx passion

• Like 1

You got it, red frame and square indicators, black tank with decals, I'll try and post a pic after I've written this but haven't tried before so I don't know whether I'll succeed.... Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online