I think I might have brought my next project.

DirtyDT
This post is 4261 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I think I have brought my next project. Off fleabay, I have won it but I haven't seen it or checked the paperwork so only "might" at the moment. USA import, not yet registered in the UK either. Oh dear!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What I think I know about it:

Needs to be registered in the UK - but he said he has the import papers.

It runs - I haven't seen it, let alone heard it.

It obviously has a few parts missing.

It is local to me.

It is a Yami

It is a 2 stroke

It is supposed to be a 1965 model

It is a YA6 125cc

It should look like this - taken before the snow. But as I said, I haven't seen it yet.

ya61.jpg

ya62.jpg

Surprisingly there are still a lot of spares available. The seats are available from Thailand as 1 piece. most of the stuff will have to come from the States but still a lot of NOS around. Exhausts seem to be scarce but I have only been researching for a week while it has been up on fleabay. I just hope the frame is OK as it looks like it is pressed and I hope there is not too much missing on the side that isn't shown.

looks ok to me too.

no where near as bad as the Gilera I started with.

the front wheel spokes look new and the rims look good too. rusty wheels can take £400 off you easily

The TS rims, spokes, tyres and hub paint cost around £600.

I popped around to the sellers house this morning to pay him and had a quick look. I am please with the buy (for now). Hopefully it will be delivered tomorrow. I picked up the C&E 389 and a few other paper bits. I PM'ed Paul Dawkins but haven't heard anything back yet. The bloke has loads of projects - including a Gilera and a Vespino.

Ha newman" my mate is restoring this very model .same age. i will enquire to see how easy parts are availible, :yeah:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online