Hi all

SteveXJ
This post is 4263 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, my name's Steve. I'm 17 years old and live in norfolk, originally from London. I'm currently a student studying maths and electronics. I ride a 2000 XJ600N, it's my first bike (unless you include mopeds) and here's a picture of my machine:

DSC_0444_zps8cb22dd7.jpg

Well, strictly speaking, that isn't what she looks like now, this is:

DSC_5049_zpsc49eba21.jpg

I'm stripping her down for a new start with some fresh paint. Once the engine, wheels, forks and swingarm are of, she's down the paint shop. The frame and body work are going to be gloss black; the swing arm, hangers, triples and fork ends are going to be matt black; the wheels are going to be gun metal grey and the engine is going to be matt black and gun metal grey.

Also installing new sprockets/chain, new clip on handlebars, new mirrors, new headlight unit, new clutch lever (current one is broken).

Also doing the usual, new oil and filter, plugs, brake pads and overhauling the forks with new seals. And I might be replacing rear shock, haven't decided yet..

So yeah, that's me and my bike :) Hi everyone

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

At least you won't be affected by the cold weather while you do your spannering but I am not sure how well the carpet will survive.

Hey and welcome to the forum!

Lucky bike being treated to such a cozy home during this weather... ;-)

Great intro Steve and welcome, what I want to know is how did you persuade your wife/mum to allow you to get your bike indoors, I've been trying for 25 years.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online