time for next level test *info needed*

kenDAWG
This post is 4111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Join the T.A. and get a licence for everything at 18.

that you cant use on the public roads unless its on army duty

as for the licence if they change the bike tests

then why not change the car test to include motorcycle awareness ie make them ride a bike for a while before going for a test in the car

maybe that WOULD save some lives

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

that you cant use on the public roads unless its on army duty

as for the licence if they change the bike tests

then why not change the car test to include motorcycle awareness ie make them ride a bike for a while before going for a test in the car

maybe that WOULD save some lives

yeah or maybe knock driving a car of over a certain power to weight ratio up to sayyy 24? they'd never go for that but its fine to do it to bikers........

basically if mummy and daddy have alot of money you can be driving a scooby, evo, type R or anything else at 17, but if you live in the real world and might have to get a bike for that type of performance you must wait an additional 7 YEARS!

and lets face it cars can hold 5 (sometimes up to 7) people, and bikes hold two....... if they both crash what vehicle will likely injure the most people?

maybe too ranty to make sense....but i know what i mean :movingeyes:

oh and lets make that power to weight ratio really fucking specific so that all you can drive are micras and fiestas, or great big heavy things with still pretty small engines. and make them do 4 tests for the privilege.....ah fuck it make em wear helmets too hahahaha

If the t*ats in Brussels said we had to put our heads in the gas oven our government would do it! :shakeno:
I think you will find that Hitler tried that in 1939. The faster we are out of Europe the better.

To calculate a non restricted bike do the following.

Check the bike has a minimum engine size of 395cc

Check the BHP is between 33 Bhp and 46.6 Bhp

Find the BHP and convert this to KW. To do this multiply the BHP by .75 so basically it is 3/4 of the BHP

Find the weight of the bike in KG

Divide the bike weight by the KW.

This should be .2 or under.

Example. ( these are rough calculations)

DRZ400 BHP 39 Weight 133KG Engine size 398cc

KW - 39 X 0.75 = 29.25

Power to weight - 29.25 / 133 = 0.2199

So it passes on the engine size (over 395cc)

It passes on the KW ( Max 35KW)

It fails on the power to weight (0.2 or under)

With a slight restriction and certificate, it would pass.

a fucking DRZ does not even make it into this cat, the fuck?

so that'll be a few hundred quid on top of the price of everything else......fucking hell .

wont be much new bikers after this year then

I want a drz aswell, I thought with them being so slow it would make it into the A2 class....

Well if its less than 4hp over the power to weight ratio then I'm sure I could make it work out just a little more cost involved now

Ken

wont be much new bikers after this year then

Thats exactly what they want" :eusa_snooty: less risk more safety, i hope the f*k if Scotland get independance they distance themsell from E/U.

interfering beurocrats, And bring back hanging,,, :yeah:

I think you will find that Hitler tried that in 1939. The faster we are out of Europe the better.

Spot on

Self perpetuating, unelected civil servants with a bottomless pit of (taxpayers) money to draw, constantly creating new initiatives to justify their existence

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online