Ive heard of supply and demand, but this is taking the p***!

wild foamy
This post is 4178 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Was only looking for a new fuel pump for the XJ Turbo as mine is gummed up solid... found the part number and went onto cmsnl... have a look at their PRICE

Not much better from GEARHEAD either :o, nearly fell of my stool when i saw that

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bike fucked? Need to make it go again?

Gotcha by the balls, chap!!

Starting to find that a lot of the things I want suddenly cost megacredits, even for some cheap piece of plastic that cost a couple quid when it came out five months ago - Now it's about £26!!

Or, to quote Captain Malcolm Reynolds:

"It's a nothin' part, 'till ya don't got one..."

Well shit the bed, looking at the XJs' parts catalogue it looks to have exactly the same fittings and connections, how the fook did you manage to find that? :o

Well shit the bed, looking at the XJs' parts catalogue it looks to have exactly the same fittings and connections, how the fook did you manage to find that? :o

This pump was pretty ubiqitous during the early to mid 80s; I am assuming the XJ Turbo carb runs at 2.5 bar (but this is probably likely, with a fuel regulator ala Lotus amongst others).

Indeed it does use a pressure regulator, which is a seperate parts and hopefully mine is still intact, many thanks for that link pilningas, could have just saved me £1000 :P

This pump was pretty ubiqitous during the early to mid 80s; I am assuming the XJ Turbo carb runs at 2.5 bar (but this is probably likely, with a fuel regulator ala Lotus amongst others).

HANG ON Foamy, the one listed is 6 Bar - don't bid; you want to read this and see what pressure you need:

http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=40691.html

Indeed it does use a pressure regulator, which is a seperate parts and hopefully mine is still intact, many thanks for that link pilningas, could have just saved me £1000 :P

should be okay then, ignore the above post.

That's assuming the regulator is still any good, there's a link on that XJBikes forum with regards to de-gumming the old fuel pump, i may try and recover it if i can although i am highly doubtfull anything will be able to dissolve the thick varnish that is in it

thats a pretty serious price tag right there..

that whole thing must be worth millions in parts.

Rust doesn't cost much :eusa_whistle:

That's assuming the regulator is still any good, there's a link on that XJBikes forum with regards to de-gumming the old fuel pump, i may try and recover it if i can although i am highly doubtfull anything will be able to dissolve the thick varnish that is in it

Well just like the pump, generic regulators are two-a-penny, e.g.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8mm-10mm-Manual-Adjustable-FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-Carburettor-Carb-Fuel-Pump-/271095762730?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1e910f2a

These ones are calibrated so you could dial it in (find out what the standard rating is and set it).

im currently trying to recover my old fuel pump as-per the thread on XJBikes, when powered up nothing moves and there's no noise from it but the multimeter says its drawing 5amp at 12vdc... this seems excessive :/, i suspect the internal widgets are gummed up aswell although im not sure wether this is a metering type pump or a constant flow one

hi Davie, twowheelspares is DK Motorcycles, he gets a lot of the rare bikes in and usually sells them on complete, he had an XJ650 Turbo for sale about 6 months ago for about £3,000 which went before the auction was over, aswell as many parts, i believe he broke an XJ turbo recently as there there's an XJ60 turbo engine on there for £250 which i attempted to get down for £200 delivered but the least they would do was £230 delivered, needless to say that engine is still up for sale. i bought a set of clocks off them, a brake lever and several other bits but they are used mostly the same as mine.

appreciate the referance but me and DK have crossed paths many times before, i think i bought my seat off them aswell, usually they arent too bad on parts but then its the same as i found with the fuel pump, they are asking £100 + postage for a set of 85mph clocks (which are the sort you want to avoid)

On another note what do you think of item number 200875925040?

I don't mean to hijack this thread but whilst we were on the subject......I need a rear tyre and as I mentioned before the carbs on my bike are supposedly from an XJ900 it might be worth my while. The only problem is Milton Keynes to Scotland....
Any thoughts?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online