fek fek fek fek

Cynic
This post is 4268 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

waaaaaaaahhhhh

The dt blew up wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhb. 50mph running great and quick nip and then brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Anybody with a 2 stroke knows the noise.

Compression is gone. You cant tell its in nutral save for the brrrrr noise as you push, nothing at all. Think the piston has gone religeous.

Waiting for the man with a van now. Least its not raining.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

oh dear, the foibles of 2 smokes!

never nice when a bike breaks down on you and your away from home

will get into it tommorow....

Defo fixing it myself..... First blow up in. ....in....must be 10 years. That was a leaky exhaust which its def not this time.

It has been hard to start lately and it hasnt had a bore for a long time so it may have just gone. So long as the bottom end is ok. Thats my only worry really.

I dont think so. Was only a couple of years since i did the bottom end. All the seals and gaskets.

Not saying its not but the top end seemed fine in the rebuild.

I feel that the piston has just worn out... Has used a couple of plugs too. Maybe something in the ig has gone....

Sorry to hear it, but at least it's the dead of winter. Best time to have down time. That way you won't, or shouldn't be, tempted to rush it to completion.

Sorry to hear it, but at least it's the dead of winter. Best time to have down time. That way you won't, or shouldn't be, tempted to rush it to completion.

Sorry but i ride all year. I need her to get me to work..

hope you find its an easy and straight forward fix.
i keep finding more and more to do with my project.. but atleast im in no rush for it "just for fun"
dunno what id do if i actually needed it daily.

Simple really. The TDR is far too nice to ruin in winter salt. As well as being far to expensive to fix. Accidents can happen but slipping off on ice would be tragic.

The dt can handle it all. But with that down its the range rover that picks up the slack..

That uses A DAY! What the dt uses a week in fuel.

That brings back memorys... Screaming along flat out on my FS1E with expansion pipe along the Oadby bypass, just about reaching 50mph, then Brrrrrrrrrr......., Pull the clutch, coast to a halt thinks fooook, got to push it back to Market Harborough, left it for about 15 mins, tried to re-start, away it pops and continued journey at slower pace.

Has similar with an RD200, but that was a non starter afterwards.

Haha been there. Nope this piston will never bang again. The motor was no better this morning.

Well that sucks,hopefull it's just the rings stuck to the piston and didn't damage the cylinder to bad. 10yrs is perty good though.

Ok got into it today and its bad news..

Total piston failure. A 3/4 inch hole in the top. Swarf everywhere. Some big lumps too.

Inlet rubber looks to be the villan. The bottom of the reed block was damp on dissasembly. The rubber its self is not round either.

I will put pics up later. Looks like crank out to fix it though.

The pics should be interesting. At least you are "friendly" with the DT's innards.

Looking like snow and ice next week anyway.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online