stopped smoking

bennyboy1
This post is 4047 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i am now on day 6 with no fags

apart from a couple of dodgy moments i have managed to stay away from them

yesterday was a good day as i was behind a woman in the co-op and she was stinking of stale fags

then got to the front of the queue and looked at the price of them at the counter

and walked out of the shop with a grin on my face

firstly i do not smell like her and secondly never had to burst another tenner to get fags

HAPPY DAYS

Well done. Remember every victory you still have the tricky bit to do.

Day 1 is the hardest..

Week 1 is hard but dooable

Week 2 is not too bad as already the cravings should reduce.

Week 3 and 4 are where most fail. At this point people think they have quit and. 'one wont hurt'. Oh yes it will.

Smoking is the same as an alcoholic. Except in VERY rare people you cannot risk another fag. Even one and you will be back to sq 1.

Good work so far. This is something that helped me. 90% of the price is TAX. Then you pay TAX on that with vat. Thats a good incentive for me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

told my wife i would stop, and put the money i spend on them in a jar for me.. not her not the baby.. me and my stuff..
According to my wife i am only allowed to put £4 a week in that jar.. i need more incentive than £4 a week :(

Then have another jar. Have a fag jar in the garage.

Hey you're doing great!

I've tried laods of times to stop, the best being 9 months. Champix did help to be fair and the side effect I had were weird but vivid dreams.

I now have ciggies, expensive leccy fag and a nicorrette inhalator in an effort to at least cut down.

It comes down to willpower and a real desire to stop which by the sounds of it you have. If you're tempted try and think what you've gone through so far and how bad you'd feel if you did really have one. Maybe a packet of Polo mints would also help. No, not by lighting the end! Have one every time you're really struggling.

Anyways, keep up the good work and as you can see there are plenty of good people on here helping you along the path.

I've done nearly 3 years without a single cigarette now. It's bloody hard to start with but I found that once I could smell the stale smoke on other people I was over the worst. I still spend the money so it hasn't made me any richer unfortunately!!! Keep it up though it's definately worth it.

well.. 4 hours ago was exactly 2 weeks

bloody struggling today for some reason, not sure why

think i need to go to the shop and smell some smelly people ( without getting caught ) :eusa_shifty: just to keep me put off

just bought 2 new tyres for my car which my fag money for the last 2 weeks paid for :hyper:

why are all the good things in life so expensive

FAGS

DRINK

WOMEN ?

PETROL GUZZLING MACHINES

why are all the good things in life so expensive and not good for you (just added this)

FAGS

DRINK

WOMEN ?

PETROL GUZZLING MACHINES

and not good for you (just added this)

Like all the things you shouldn't eat.

chocolate, cakes, biscuits, crisps, burgers, cheese, bacon, sausages, pizzas, butter, dripping, fried bread, English breakfast,

I'm sure I have missed a few,

I know this isn't exactly what this topic is about but I thought I would put it in anyway.

Well done and keep it up bennyboy1

The only reason I smoke is so that up.yours doesn't sit next to me as I am a smelly smoker.

I smoked 40 rollies a DAY

Fk me " your lungs musta been tar coated, :babyha: What sorta Firarms you got, :eusa_think: , gave up shooting 5 years ago myself.

As for fags" [ cigarettes sash" not gays ] never liked the taste , and coughed my guts up, :eusa_snooty:

Fk me " your lungs musta been tar coated, :babyha: What sorta Firarms you got, :eusa_think: , gave up shooting 5 years ago myself.

As for fags" [ cigarettes sash" not gays ] never liked the taste , and coughed my guts up, :eusa_snooty:

LOL. Well I figured it wasn't a bundle of twigs or you'd have said faggot. j/k

• 2 weeks later...

still stopped

ONE MONTH TODAY

Ok " so what other vice have you turn to " keepn them hands busy,, :eusa_clap: . i "v seen you smokers , stuffin in sweets , etc,,, :yeah:

chewing on a pencil

and basically just twirling it around

probably end up with arthritis in my fingers and lead poisoning :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Yesterday saw 5 years since i quit smoking. I did it by hypnotherapy.

Missus still smokes so everything i buy myself is convered to fag prices. Bought a drill, she moaned. My reply was that it cost 12 days fags.

Fair does though, she only smokes out side rain or shine. But she still stinks from them

• 4 weeks later...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online