southern meet.

Cynic
This post is 4202 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A southern meet has been mentioned several times over the year.

Right oh. Lets have some options and see if we can make it real. Dont want the coast. Nor that crap hole of a capitol either.

Merv how far could you take one of your fleet, you are one of our most southern members.

Realisticly there will only be bout a dozen of us so there are plenty of campsites to use all over the country.

Maybe someone knows something squires ish around oxford maybe.

Lets have some idea's

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Am thinkn Lincolnshire / leicestershire, pop in to Tommy10 bike, to see his collection of XT "s :jossun:

Ok so bmf is a maybe....

Any more.

Am thinkn Lincolnshire / leicestershire, pop in to Tommy10 bike, to see his collection of XT "s :jossun:
I am in Leicestershire so an easy ride for me then.

well there's the H-cafe on the A4074 just outside wallingford, but thats the sorta place you hear banjos :S

Screw you, Penguin, that's my local!!

Fine one to talk, you are - You're from Newbury, where they whittle banjos for fun :D

OK, *maybe* there were a few banjos playing back when it was Fox's Diner... but since it changed to H's Cafe, it's become the best fry-up joint in Berkshire!

Screw you, Penguin, that's my local!!

Fine one to talk, you are - You're from Newbury, where they whittle banjos for fun :D

OK, *maybe* there were a few banjos playing back when it was Fox's Diner... but since it changed to H's Cafe, it's become the best fry-up joint in Berkshire!

holy crap dude, never knew you went there!, we used to ride out of benson and up to the H with the benson MC club most thursdays :D, and Newbury isnt hick, the chavs have moved in and bred like rabbits, now they're taking over :/

I used to hit up Fox's some weekends, but the route just got so samey... Not been up that way in a while, TBH.

Sure the title of this says Southern meet? I live in Leicestershire so that would suit me, even Peterborough is less than an hour away, but I thought Leicestershire was the Midlands :icon_biggrin:

Thats why i started by mentioning oxford.

End of the day if there are people here who can get to the bmf or that ilk fair enough.

Only prob with peterborough is the roads fall under linconshire constabulary. Not good, ticket first ask questions afterwards.

Yer i was thinking that this was a southern meet, but are you meaning southern for Scotland? ha ha

Ha. Well the original meet of the yoc is actually pretty central as far as mileage goes coming from either direction.

Blackat has around 300miles to do to get that far south....he's a rough tough scott so he can cope.

I'm thinking something futher south. More an excuse for another meet up more than anything else.

Id be happy to meet up with you guys but any further up past Oxford way i class as not south ha ha.

Whats oxford for you 180, 200 miles.

Thats why i said oxford or further. Kev might do it by car. Most of the squires lot are along the 62 corridor.

Only be 150 for them to oxfordish land.

The biggest issue is how many will actually turn up. Every year if the folks who say they will come to squires did would be brilliant.

I dont really care being in northants anywhere in England is not really more than 3 or4 hours away. Cornwall would add a bit to that.

Benson (Oxfordshire) from mine is about 100 miles. About the same as squires. Easily doable on the old TS. Mine to the Peterborough show ground is about 50 miles.