Yamaha xt 125 wiring help !

AndyBarclay
This post is 4149 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello ! I have a 2010 Yamaha xt 125 and recently when riding home the bike burst into flames and burnt out alot of my wiring, I have replaced the wiring loom but there is one plug (the one that started the fire) that I cannot find the other side or wires for it to go into as it melted and fell off, it's a very important plug as without just this one connected there is no power to anything. I've been looking for two wires on the bike around the back of the engine that would have gone to this plug but on pulling the bike apart more saw that a lot was wrapped in chain :( so I assume has pulled it from whatever it was connected too, and cannot find anything, all the components on the tail have been connected to the new loom perfectly. It's around the back of the engine and was hoping somebody coule tell me what it went to so I could look and rewire it from whatever it's snapped from :). Is the only plug near the carb that has a 'v' shape on one side with two pins, I think wires are white and black or blue, bit burnt :(

http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/andy_barclay1/media/D052029E-AAE9-447A-84F8-F11FF0C64113-2908-00000155821FA037.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/andy_barclay1/media/277F83BD-AEB0-4B92-869A-3DAC20BF7A4E-2908-0000015589E5D362.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3

Thanks Andy.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Andy

Without looking at my bike, my recollection is that at the rear of the engine as you described are two plugs similar to that described.

One attaches to the petrol diaphragm tap as the fuel level sensor and the other attaches to the carb as a heater. This does relate to a 2006 model, yours might be different.

I wouldn't have thought either of these would be crucial to feeding power to the rest of the loom however.

Best of luck

Dave

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online