Main stand problems

mailee
This post is 4295 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right this may sound like a dumb question but here goes as I am a novice. I have a Virago 750 which I recently bought and am still taking lessons for my full licence. I have got the hang of putting the bike on it's main stand but I am having trouble taking it off! Bear in mind that i am only 5'4" tall and weigh in at just under 8 stone! (lightweight biker that's for sure) At the moment i am getting it off the main stand by sitting on it and rocking it forward. I have tried standing to the left side of it to take it off but I am nervous about dropping it onto the right as I seem to be forcing it forward and away from me. I would hate to damage all that chrome so have any of you guys got any tips for me, thanks?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

stand off the bike on the left as you have said, place your righ foot over the stand extension (foot extension) and keeping your foot pressing on this, roll the bike off the stand. The bike will be kept perfectly upright because both stand feet are on the ground. grab the brake and allow the stand up and then get astride.

Get someone to help at first until you gain confidence...it's easy

see...a question about a virago i can answer :D

Thanks Airhead, I will give that a try. I have been holding onto the bike by the left bar and the rear indicator mounting and never thought of standing on the stand at the time. (makes sense as this is how I put it on the stand) I will enlist the help of a friend to start with as you suggest though. it is a pain being such a lightweight biker. Back in the seventies I never used the main stand on my bikes so have never had this problem, mind you the bikes were a LOT heavier then!

If it has a side stand, put this down first as you can rest the bike straight onto it once the bike is off the main stand.

stand off the bike on the left as you have said, place your righ foot over the stand extension (foot extension) and keeping your foot pressing on this, roll the bike off the stand. The bike will be kept perfectly upright because both stand feet are on the ground. grab the brake and allow the stand up and then get astride.

Get someone to help at first until you gain confidence...it's easy

see...a question about a virago i can answer :D

Spot on :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online