My RXS is dead. Crashing hurts.

Mrweso
This post is 4164 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks to a nice lady in a Nissan Note who decided to pull out of a side road right in front of me, my little RXS is no more.

20121105_160458.jpg

20121105_160512.jpg

After flying over her bonnet and sliding across 2 lanes of oncoming traffic on my arse, I've learnt the following -

Crashing hurts.

I got off lightly

You can't legislate for all the idiots out there.

Anyway, I've got a new bike and am back on the road -

20121130_115230.jpg

20121130_115242.jpg

Little YBR, seems a cracking little starter bike, only thing I'm not keen on is the noise it makes, sounds very similar to my lawnmower :(

That's all really.

Be careful out there chaps/chapesses.

Wes

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ouch. Glad to hear you're ok though, that's the main thing. Real shame about the bike.

Well done for getting back on it after, best thing for it if you ask me.

I have a YBR, and a cheap solution to the noise... Earplugs. They work wonders!

Nice little bike Wes, "say thank you to the nice lady" hope your not to badly banged up, watch out for next year insurance quote, make sure the buggers don't load your premium, let them know it was not your fault. take care & remember to watch the drivers eyes if you can to make sure they have seen you, if he/she is looking left and pulling out they are out to get you!!

Good advice regarding eye contact, however dont think that just because they're looking in your direction, that they have seen you. I tend to shift between eye contact and watching their wheels to see if there is any forward movement.

Fucking hell! :o, those forks are like bananas!!, hope you are okay and atleast got a claim out of it, may want to claim for injuries aswell, gravel rash in the ass isnt pleasent

, watch out for next year insurance quote, make sure the buggers don't load your premium, let them know it was not your fault.

Doesn't make any difference, they usually add something along the lines of "Have you had any claims or accidents within the last 5 years regardless of fault?" in their quote, thats how the fuckers got away with bumping my premium up by £300 when my suzuki swift got wrote off

As for the YBR, they always sound like they are about to self-destruct, i learnt to ride on one of them

My condolences for the RXS. As Bippo said it's good to get back on the horse after being thrown. Glad you're OK! And a nice YBR btw. :thumb:

that poor bike :(
Glad to hear your ok..

Was your bike a member of an organ donation scheem.. because i have an rxs I dont think it needs any organs but you never know..

so please dont let them turn it in to coke cans.

still wondering if this has been turned in to coke cans..

apart from the forks and handle bars it looks in good condition although i imagine if thats happend to the forks the frame could be broken.

still wondering if this has been turned in to coke cans..

apart from the forks and handle bars it looks in good condition although i imagine if thats happend to the forks the frame could be broken.

even if that was the case, there are bound to be many many salvageable parts that could bring other RXS' back to life

lol yep i see a LOT of parts on the bike. "its a hell of a thing when you see a bike and think of it in parts :("

But im guessing the insurance people now own the bike and its going to be a washing machine or some thing :( which is not something i would be happy about.

Yip " av got the Tshirt for this one,,,, 17years old DT175 2months old, same state, forks and bars ,,,but hell i broke my leg, and got a bollocking from attending police for riding too fast, and sent the lady on her way, and charged me, :madflame:

My dt got new forks and tank bars etc,... so this Rx will fix,,, :smash: