Fun with Plutonium!

Toutsuite
This post is 4174 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That is the University that is linked to my work.

I always feel nervous when I am in a room with some of these type of elements, even though I know they are very, very securely contained. I always get an eerie feeling. Brrrrrr...............

Wow, DirtyDT, you work with hazardous materials? Ooooh, do tell! Or is it classified? eusa_shhh.gif

I am no scientist but I often deal with scary stuff. Stuff you wouldn't want to breath in or touch. it includes radioactive stuff in different forms including isotopes, DNA replicators and the like.

I recently brought a couple of Linacs (linear accelerators) and a Tomotherapy machine. All have to be housed is really thick concrete bunkers. Have a quick Google!

I am looking to buy a couple of MRI's (Magnetic resonance imaging) next. They are safe though, just a giant 5 ton magnet spinning around.

The radioactive stuff does give me the creeps though!

I do have an interesting job - I think so at least.

This does include stuff like the above that will kill you very nastily and quickly in the wrong doses. Radioactive stuff

Blimey Mr N. If you put that stuff in your tank your bike would go like shit off a hot chrome shovel.

It might take me "back to the future" Mike, but I wouldn't want the stuff sitting between my legs like that.Ohhhhhh noooooo!