New Member and Just Bought an SR500

Paratus899
This post is 4315 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I've just joined having recently bought an SR500. I had one twenty years ago but let it go cheap for the usual reasons i.e. wife and kids so this one's my middle age crisis. I also had an RD250LC when they first came out.

I'll be on here to pick a few people's brains regarding running the SR. The first thing I need to know is is it OK to run the SR on unleaded petrol? I'm from the UK by the way.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the welcome Airhead. The pic I want to put up is too big so when I work out how to sort it out I'll do it. Any tips would be welcome.

I bought the bike on ebay and it's in reasonable nick though there's a few non-standard parts on it. It came with a good few spares and more or less a full spare engine. In the long term I want to restore it fully but for now I just want to get it on the road. I can't wait to ride one again.

jimmy

Welcome to the nuthouse mate. Like Airhead, I've never owned one but always had a hankering.

Hi all,

I've just joined having recently bought an SR500. I had one twenty years ago but let it go cheap for the usual reasons i.e. wife and kids so this one's my middle age crisis. I also had an RD250LC when they first came out.

I'll be on here to pick a few people's brains regarding running the SR. The first thing I need to know is is it OK to run the SR on unleaded petrol? I'm from the UK by the way.

:welcome: to the YOC

most of the road bikes in the 70's were designed to run on unleaded so you'll be fine :)

Japan has never used unleaded fuel.

Not a problem

Welcome I too have never owned a sr been looking for 1 for years but can't find one here.

Japan has never used unleaded fuel.

Not a problem

so why is that a not problem? that means they only use leaded fuel

so why is that a not problem? that means they only use leaded fuel

Been a very busy day..... They dont use LEADED fuel......

SR.jpg

Hope I've done this photo business right. If not I'll keep trying.

The SR is the most pleasurable bike I've ever ridden. I rode my first one over Shap in Cumbria on a gorgeous Summer day and it was utter bliss. I can't wait for Spring. Thanks for your welcome and all your help boys.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online