Help, Water and Oil Light

Dowdy8
This post is 4243 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why no introduction? and why the Duck would you stick a silly picture like that on here? I / we wanna see bikes / tits / other cool things not some weirdo necking his rather tasty missus! by the way do you share?

Why no introduction? and why the fuck would you stick a gay ass picture like that on here? I / we wanna see bikes / tits / other cool things not some emo bum bandit necking his rather tasty missus! by the way do you share?

It's two dudes

O yer! didn't spot that. lol

So your saying that if your sat in the pub talking to your mates and some stranger sits down next to you and joins in your convo with out saying hello and introducing them selves is good manners to you?

I'm more than happy to help folks out but a little hello and some thing about your self goes a long way and takes less than 2 minutes. Yes its a free site to some folk and i personally don't like to give out free info to some one that can't be bothered to just say hello first but as a paying member (like a lot of guys and gals here) we do provide a service (as such) and help A LOT of guys out that are polite and introduce them selves the correct way. Correct me if im wrong

As has been said before, make sure to list an intro, we're not asking for an in depth biography of your life story, just a little about what you like to do, where you come from, what bike you have e.t.c so we can get to know a bit more about you and how best to help you.

Being BIKER is all the introduction that's needed for me to offer help or advice if i can or to talk about the one thing this site is supposed to be about bikes what ever you ride. If they introduce themselves all the better but not essential as far as I'm concerned.

Yes i do agree, but its come up on more than one occasion that new folk just jump in on a convo or start a new thread asking for help with out saying Hi. yes being a biker is massive grounds to help out, i have done so on more than one occasion when i have seen said biker on the side of the road and ive always puled over to see if they are ok and if they need help or a smoke (if they do smoke that is)

I agree an intro is not necessary to receive help, however it is polite, and it has been asked for by the MODs of the forum, so why not give one, it does, as has been stated, only take a minute or two and will probably guarantee a lot more help.

That's what i like about this site how unfriendly certain members can be to new members.Surprises me why any one would want to join it.

Firstly, I was only joking and I thought that was clear. Maybe I should of put 'lo'l at the end of the sentence.

Secondly, if you think this forum is unfriendly you haven't been on many other sites. This site is the most

friendliest of the lot!

Also I think people should post an introduction about themselves. That way we know basic information such

as age, gender, location, and what bike(s) they have.

Why no introduction? and why the Duck would you stick a silly picture like that on here? I / we wanna see bikes / tits / other cool things not some weirdo necking his rather tasty missus! by the way do you share?

Diplomacy comes easy to some

I think i should back step a bit and apologies to Dowdy for the abrupt first response to his time of need. Its just i personally approached this forum and many others with a polite and informative introduction (like many others have done) just so that Jo Blogs etc knows who / what i am and where im from. There for feel that if any new member that joins can learn from example and not just jump on here rushing for an answer or demanding a helping hand with out even saying hello.

Ive just been brought up with some manners and still to this day live to the Military core values and it bugs the hell out of me when people (not just forum based) show utter lack of respect & manners.

:sorry: to all

still to this day live to the Military core values and it bugs the hell out of me when people (not just forum based) show utter lack of respect & manners.

I can tell you never worked at the Olympics, having to greet the unwashed masses with a fake smile and resist the temptation to feed the horrible little shits some people call 'children' into the xray machine, every second person asking you "but why cant i bring in this 2 litre bottle full of water?" to which i eventually gave up and supplied the answer "because coca cola want to screw you for every penny you have by selling you their water instead"

ah, off topic, rant over, i feel better

For me someone that posts an intro wants to become a part of the group. The introductions themselves are a contribution and can kick off some very funny banter. As well as a few wind ups.

Plain first post questions are as far as it matters one post wonders. Use the options within the forum and see just how many opw there are.

The regular contributers are well aware of this and dont normally respond with much if any info.

I base each post on its merrits. Well written question i will ofter comment on. Text talk illiteracy i ignore.

I can tell you never worked at the Olympics, having to greet the unwashed masses with a fake smile and resist the temptation to feed the horrible little shits some people call 'children' into the xray machine, every second person asking you "but why cant i bring in this 2 litre bottle full of water?" to which i eventually gave up and supplied the answer "because coca cola want to screw you for every penny you have by selling you their water instead"

ah, off topic, rant over, i feel better

Na never got the pleasure to baby sit the nation on it proudest day. But i can see why you lot got fecked off with it, and personally i would have gotten a mob together to linch G4S (other security company's available)