Increasing a bikes value

Grouch
This post is 4183 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Vmax, for sure.

SV, no. They must be the best value bike around. They are cheap as chips and if you haven't ridden one, you have missed out. The engine braking is to die for but can't see any value in them in the future otherwise I will throw mine into the garden and drag it back out in 20 years time.

Limited addition Dukes with full service history - yep.

Too many R's about and the engines and gearboxes won't last so there will be a lot of these which will be like the old Honda VF's (before the VFR's).Lotsof frames and parts but no engines.

A nice VF400 or VF500 in excellent condition would be worth a look. Both fabulous rides - I have had one of each of these. Also the unfaired CBX550 would be a good bet (had one of these too).

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Foams you thinking RE5 rotary?

Yeah that's the one

and bandits that escape the streetfighter treatment!

Thats another thing that gets me, some people who have thrown their faired bike down the road simply throw the old fairings away, drop the bars and call it a "streetfighter", whilst there are some genuine streetfighters about it seems wrong to bodge the job and call it something it isnt

Foam"e , you could be right about the DT50, :yeah: Just look at AP50"s - fs1e , garelli- gillera, all are desirable coz we learned on them.

Look at us , we all have DT175"s . so maybe the DT125 lc, and YBR125, :shrug: , Thing is i can see Electric bikes and cars in less than 10years, it will be genoside to the internal combustion engine, as it did to steam, and horse, :eusa_think:

That is true, but unless the technology gets a lot better in those 10 years i cannot see myself using one in place of my trusty kia.

for example i could be out of the country for 3 months and the vehicle would be left unused, alternatively i could do 600 miles in one sitting, stopping only to fill up with LPG every 180 miles, unless an electric vehicle can be developed to cover that distance without needing a full recharge i doubt i would be sold on the idea

that would def be the idea buy something mint brand new

shrink wrap it and store it in a heated place for 20-30 years

then advertise it and see what happens

feck that

buy it ride it kill then rebuild it

thats what the idea is lol

I think a Rocket 3 would one day be a classic. such a sexy bike and British too.

Was gonna say get out!... -.-

DT's are definately going up in value especially the 50MX, my good condition '89 reg DT was sold for £350, but now to get one in the same condition you can expect to pay around £500, and as for the parts, they are worth their weight in gold some of them