Sept 15th 2013 haynes museum somerset

mervin
This post is 3944 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Organised by Cheesy from the VJMC , a date for the diary

CLASSIC BIKE JAPFEST at Haynes Motor Museum on September 15th 2013.

Its a new show on Sunday 15th of September, being co-ordinated by Cheesy of the Taunton & Bridgewater section of the VJMC

Free camping for exhibitors on the Saturday night

Tickets for the public will include entrance to the Haynes Museum, so will be loads to see

This will be the first year of the show, so details are not set; albeit agreed in principle with the VJMC and Haynes

Cheesy is hoping that the price will be lower, at £10.00, than the normal price to enter Haynes (which next year will be £11.95, so a good saving plus you get to see the bikes).

Entry to the show, Museum, Autojumble and camping is all free for exhibitors.

Plus cash prizes for first place in the categories.

Haynes is currently undergoing a large expansion which should be finished in the spring, so there should be more to see than in the past

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cool i think i will be there. Although betty wont have her new style till 2014 so might not enter her into the show part, will just be there to look at other bikes and spend some cash at the jumble! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Bristol classic show is this month at Shepton mallet showground, The Taunton and Bridgwater VJMC will be there in the Sedgemoor Hall, which is one of the two long halls that connect to the main hall, there will be flyers and entry forms for the Japfest available there , so if you visit the show go along and have a look at their stand and make yourself known, there will be some nice old Jap bikes there
http://www.classicbikeshows.com/showindex.asp?showcode=BCM13

• 3 weeks later...

How many guys are going to this one?

Yer i know, ive been trying to decide which to go on. This one is only a 10min ride from my house so i wouldn't get bollocked from the wife for being away, but the 2 stroke meet will be better and could meet most of you guys.

:eusa_think:

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Press release by Haynes Motor Museum:-

FESTIVAL OF CLASSIC JAPANESE BIKES AT
HAYNES INTERNATIONALMOTOR MUSEUM

Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford will be hosting ‘Jap-Fest’ – a celebration of classic Japanese motorbikes on Sunday, September 15th.

Organised by the Taunton and Bridgwater section of the Vintage Japanese MotorCycle Club, the event is a one day festival celebrating vintage and classic motorcycles of Japan.

The show is expected to attract up to 300 motorcycles and will be held under cover in two large halls within the museum.

There will be classic and vintage Japanese motorcycles from the earliest examples in this country up to the modern but classic motorcycles of the last 15 years including racers, trials, tourers, mopeds, drag bikes, six cylinders, big fours, two stroke triples, all makes and all designs.

Festival organiser Nick Watson said: “It’s a fantastic opportunity to discover Japanese motorcycles you have never seen before and names you didn’t even know existed!

“You will be able to see where the modern Japanese motorcycle of today started and plot its course down through the years.

“Club displays of all the Japanese makes and models, plus private entries will fill the halls and make for an informative and fun day out for everyone to enjoy.

“Visitors will be able to talk to the owners about the bikes and restorations, see the bikes they either had in their youth or always wanted to have and get information on the clubs. It is an event not to be missed,” he added.

Included in the admission price is also access to Haynes International Motor Museum the UK’s largest exhibition of the greatest cars from around the world with over 400 amazing cars and bikes, from nostalgic classics of the 50’s and 60’s, glorious Bentleys and Rolls Royce’s to exciting super cars like the Jaguar XJ220.

There will also be outside auto jumble and trade stands, and the Motorcycle Mezzanine, which is part of the new development of Haynes International Motor Museum, will also be open.

The 330-square-metre display is a permanent home for the museum’s two-wheeled collection of around 70 motorbikes which include motorcycles from around the world and the Forshaw Speedway Collection – the world’s largest and most complete speedway display.

• The Classic Motorcycle Japfest is on Sunday, September 15th at Haynes International Motor Museum, Sparkford, Nr. Yeovil, Somerset, BA22 7LH. For details call 01963 442783 or visit www.haynesmotormuseum.co.uk

Issued by Haynes International Motor Museum. For more information or to arrange interviews/pictures or filming opportunities please contact Clair Holt on 01963 442783 or email: [email protected]
http://www.haynesmotormuseum.co.uk/

Ill be there but will be in the cage with my little girl.

I want to go but my brother was inconsiderate enough to turn fifty this coming weekend and I'll be excommunicated by the family if I'm not there.

Come on...........................theres an auto jumble, AUTO JUMBLE!!!!

Better than any birthday party,

But saying that you could alway sneek out and say you left his present in the car, shoot down Haynes for an hour and pick him up a nice rusty spanner to give to him??? :eusa_whistle:

Hmmm... Could be a plan.

Do you think I could do the 135 miles each way from his house to the museum (Yes I checked to see if it might be possible :biglaugha: ) and get back again before they notice? :eusa_think:

Easy! it will only take you about 30mins to do it.

Just saw this and if the weather is ok I will be there, only 60 odd miles from me and a nice ride out so if your there I will be the old git with the old bike!!!!! Plus I will have my YOC badge on so no excuses for ignoring me!!!!

Just seen the weather forecast and it's not looking good, high winds and pissing down with rain so probably will not go now, was really looking forward to the auto jumble!!! (BUGGER) :tantrum::bawling:

Get on your bike ye old git! Skin is water proof haha.

Did you go Noise? and what was it like? I sat in the garage and watched the trees fall down on the road and generally thought it was a good idea NOT to go, Ho Hum!!