Sup!

j0hn
This post is 4325 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey o/

Passed my full test* restricted test a few months back and been driving around on a Yamaha XT 125 X (2008). Was almost going to buy a MT-03 but I decided to wait a while before I move up. Also the XT is just awesome and I have trouble letting it go, tbh, I would have just kept the XT if I had gone for the MT-03 but I was told against keeping two bikes so the XT stayed :PI'm currently doing some modifications on it so I'll upload the pics when I'm done Some pics of the bike before any mods apart from the arrow exhaust. These were taken before I passed my test so those hideous L-plates are not remotely in the vicinity of my bike. ;)

Glad to be here and probably should have done this first thing when I joined, my bad.

*sorry, might have misled some of you guys when I said full test, I meant the full license as opposed to the CBT, but it's a restricted license.

XT125X-1L.jpg

XT125X-2R.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alright mate

Who told you against keeping two bikes...........Someone with more than 2 pair of shoes, I'll bet.

Go get the MT, get them on a multibike policy and ride whatever bike you feel like that day

Post pics of bike as is, and with the mods, we like pics

Welcome aboard! if you have space for two bikes, go for it!

I'd love to keep my YBR after getting my full license, but it'll sadly have to go for a bigger bike. However that's only because I don't have the room for two, dammit...! :eusa_doh:

Get a new woman!

I have 4 bikes in my garage (and two of them actually work, ya know!) - 2 Dragstars, an R1 (Virgin Mobile racing scheme) and a PoS half-stripped NTV that awaits it's owner (a friend of mine) to come fix it up and get the ugly thing out of my fecking sight.

One of those actually belongs to the Mrs, so she can't really complain :D

Welcome to the party!

LOL welcome I see you've been miss lead 2 is just the start As you read on around here you will notice most here have at least 2 running bikes and something in the works.

Heh, well I definitely have space for two bikes but I was told that once you move on to a bigger bike, you are less likely to go back to riding the smaller one. I know that's not going to be true for me because the XT handles immensely well during city rides and filtering, so I would use that for short journeys. That being said, my commute doesn't really involve me riding for long periods and the only bit of motorway I get is limited at 50mph with only the last half mile being a 60mph - too bad it's a pretty steep hill and getting an average of 54mph and as low as 45mph on a windy day.

PS. Added some pictures of the bike taken before I passed my test or any mods apart from the Arrow exhaust.

Yea, I noticed a slight improvement. Sounds like a beast with the baffle out too but I don't like riding with it off, too distracting and it's an easy way to grab unwanted attention to yourself.

Welcome to the forum, how much of a difference did your exhaust make? I was going to get one, but got told it would hardly make a difference so I didn't bother. Nice XT.

Tbh, the improvement doesn't warrant what you pay for, if it's a performance boost you are after. Maybe around 3 - 5 mph at best. I actually like the way it looks and sounds more than the pitiful improvement in performance.