Got Pulled for F All (Again)

Grouch
This post is 4321 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It already is, It's a complete shit hole. Immigration is out of control.

It's OK for a curry though!. Not sure where Bradford is in the crime league tables but I wouldn't have thought it was in the top 5 for serious crimes TBH.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unfortunately your riding a 125 or motorbike after midnight so you'll be stopped. Not saying it's right but not many people are out on bikes that time of night.

I got stopped years ago when I was driving my Nova, the police saw me reversing off my mates drive at 2am (just been out clubbing, which by the way is pants if you're the designated driver) so they followed me for about a mile then stopped me. Gave me grief trying to get me to confess to nicking the car then told me I had to change a tyre as he didn't like it (it wasn't illegal btw). All you can do is stay calm & be polite.

I'd be careful about recording them on your phone as it'll antagonise them and possibly land you in custody for some other reason. It might be a ball ache being stopped but at least if you're bike ever gets nicked they're likely to stop it.

Unfortunately your riding a 125 or motorbike after midnight so you'll be stopped. Not saying it's right but not many people are out on bikes that time of night.

I got stopped years ago when I was driving my Nova, the police saw me reversing off my mates drive at 2am (just been out clubbing, which by the way is pants if you're the designated driver) so they followed me for about a mile then stopped me. Gave me grief trying to get me to confess to nicking the car then told me I had to change a tyre as he didn't like it (it wasn't illegal btw). All you can do is stay calm & be polite.

I'd be careful about recording them on your phone as it'll antagonise them and possibly land you in custody for some other reason. It might be a ball ache being stopped but at least if you're bike ever gets nicked they're likely to stop it.

I love my little bike and as soon as something breaks or becomes defective, it gets repaired/replaced straight away, no expense spared. I can never be done for having an un -roadworthy machine. I learned years ago that you can never beat the police, so it's best just to go along with what they are saying.

I am an IT Consultant at a large law firm. Funny how mentioning that puts fear in them... :eusa_whistle:

In all seriousness though, it's a shame that there are coppers out there that behave like that. It's puts a dark cloud over the ones who are honest, determined and hard working in their job.

Unless I have missed it you haven't said if its the same person's stopping you each time, if it is you probably have cause to complain, if not then they are just doing there job (although some are a bit too arrogant or heavy handed in the approach) as although you are obeying the laws, keeping you bike legal, unfortunately there are many others that don't, so the only way for them to catch um is to check.

Where I live its not too much of a problem, but go up the road 10-15 miles and there are lads riding bikes without helmets, number plates etc.

although some are a bit too arrogant or heavy handed in the approach

If I was a copper in Bradford, I'd probably insist on being armed!!

I am an IT Consultant at a large law firm. Funny how mentioning that puts fear in them... :eusa_whistle:

In all seriousness though, it's a shame that there are coppers out there that behave like that. It's puts a dark cloud over the ones who are honest, determined and hard working in their job.

thats great, when i get pulled im gonna be a law student with a father in justice law!

but seriously, ive not been pulled *TOUCHWOOD* ever (been riding since April), not looking forqward to it happening when im riding home from work at 7AM (on teh wrong side of a 14 hour shift), so tired I may as well be drunk and ready to kick off with anyone/anything that gets between me and my bed.

but at least a YBR isnt known for being a criminal/boy racer's bike

7am isn't considered to be an abnormal/suspicious time to be out on a motorbike (after midnight is) so you shouldn't get pulled for no reason.... Unless you're that tired it's effecting your riding & the police think it's dangerous.

7am isn't considered to be an abnormal/suspicious time to be out on a motorbike (after midnight is) so you shouldn't get pulled for no reason.... Unless you're that tired it's effecting your riding & the police think it's dangerous.

ive been doing it for 6 months and im not dead yet, so id say i'm safe enough :D

ive been doing it for 6 months and im not dead yet, so id say i'm safe enough :D

don't get over confident, that will be your downfall!