best piston kit for dt125r

kenDAWG
This post is 4184 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

good evening people!!

just ordered a few parts for my bike...

LED indicators-new handle bars-catspaw tyres and the last few parts i need are for my topened rebuild now there are kits on ebay but im after a decent piston not cheap crap.

as far as i know my cylinder is standard bore but ill double check once i crack it open, if i could just ask what makes are decent and which ones to swerve!

i dont have experience with rebuilding 2strokes but im gonna give it a go once i get some spare time

cheers

ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Mitaka pistons are pretty much the standard ones people go for, Wiseco, and Wossner are a touch dearer but better if funds allow, I'm having a re-bore done for a 4mm oversized molybedenum coated Wossner piston myself very impressed with the quality of the piston. Definately avoid the £19 Ebay cheap Korean ones you see on there, totally rubbish.

wossner40mma.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mitaka and Wiseco are the two i have seen but you know how it is when you look on fleebay you get the good and the not so good all together so thought i'd ask on here so i can wein out the crap!!

thanx for your help lads appreciate it!

didnt want to rebuild it myself but the way things are going with cash i cant afford to pay anyone at the min...

im looking at the honda vfr400's on ebay aswell got me thinking of going in for next level bike test ive always had a thing for the nsr's jc20's and vfr's.

cheers

ken

Wiesco pistons are the choice around here,but require more clearence in most cases.

Best to hone to spec if fitting a wiesco and triple check the ring end gap.Most are spot on but seen a few that were wrong.