Thundercat rear brake??

Andrewh1
This post is 4331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks. Quicky question to pester you all with. I bought my Yam Thundercat 600 about 6 months ago and have noticed there is very little feel from the rear brake? A quick inspection shows the pads seem in good nick and not being mechanically minded I'm not sure where to look next. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'M Not sure what you mean by feel can you be more specfic. ie soft brake peddel,poor operation?

Replace the brake fluid and bleed properly.

Also different brakes have different feels. A sintered rear brake pad will give you more initial "bite". Brake pads do come in different "flavours" GG, HH......

@dt502001. the rear brake just doesn't seem to do much. I press on it and it's like pressing on a sponge. Especially frightening with the wife perched on the back!But yes, I might just try changing the fluid and possibly using uprated pads

Have a look at the hose and see if it swells up under pressure as well as new fluid and bleeding as suggested.If some oil or other crap got on the pads that can cause them to be glazed sometimes a quick sanding to deglaze them works.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online