DT250MX project.

*koop*
This post is 4193 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello. I'm *koop*,I live in Yorkshire.I have a 1979 DT250MX, registered in 1980 on a W, It's white with blue stickers on the tank, I think this because the other DT250MX i have has no points(CDI) and a smaller tank, That is also on a w reg 1980, I maybe wrong on both accounts here. so any help would be great. I will try and put some photos of the bike on here if i can.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi koop , the DT250F i think, how close are you to squires cafe, we have a meet every year , :jossun:

Hi thanks everyone so far. I live abaut 9 miles from Squires cafe, when do you have your meetings there, look forward to going to the next one. My frame is stripped and ready for painting, whats best, i want this bike to be like new when is finished that's why i bought some new old stock parts ie clocks,toolbox cover. do i have to take out the steering lock and will a new one go back in (don't have the keys) also can i get the little cove that swivels round to protect the lock. also the sticker that will be blasted off the headstock. Thanks *koop*

Yeh the swivel cover is a rivit, it should slide into hole [ loose] i gave mine a gentle flatten at end, and punched it in , not too tight, :smash:

You"ve got the bug then , all them N.o.s. parts, cover the headstock sticker, and dont blast it off, i would paint the frame, :yeah: smooth black,,

All the frame will be shot blasted and powder coated. Can i get a headstock sticker,Steering lock, steering lock cover and a rivit. how do i get out the old streering lock.out.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online