Is it realistic to get an RD 250 "DX"?

Mastiff
This post is 4192 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

In Norway we're getting a new rule for bikes from the first of Jan, which says that you need to drive a "medium heavy" bike for two years before you can start with the real fun stuff. My son's getting there in one and a half year, and he's dreaming of an RD 250 around '80, same type as his current 125 DX cast wheel bike. Is it realistic to find something like this, or would it be a wild goose chace? An RD 200 DX would of course be an alternative, I guess they have a pretty similar perfomance, right?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You will find the 250 is a heavier and quicker, and less complicated electrics wise, as it does not have the electric start of the 200 , there are a lot of new parts being made for the RD,s now, the 250,s seem to be more popular here than the smaller bikes, also the 400 is the same size bike but bigger engine but they are becoming very expensive,

there is a model guide on our aircooled rd forum http://www.aircooledrdclub.com/smf/index.php

yes the 200 is very simlar to the 125, I beleive the 200 and 125 share the same frame , there are plenty of 250, in the uk , and as i say have a look at the aircooled forum , in hot topics there are posts with the details of most aircooled models on it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online