Fz600 Gulf

drewpy
This post is 2840 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

toying with photoshop today and particularly like the Gulf colours.

So I got the FZ and this is what I came up with

fz600_gulf_zps1c7ad6e0.jpg

what do you think?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I like it /hate it the orange on the front of the faring is wrong,needs more blending into the broken stripe.

as the signals can be blended in with the gulf sticker try moving it over top with flush mount sig's.

But what ever just my 2 cents .I love that bike one of the one's I wish I never sold

• 8 months later...

well I got the wheels powderd this week and they look very smart :D

IMAG0839_zps83096e04.jpg

just got to find the correct clutch cable, I have got a second one which doesn't fit :(

awaiting new bushes for the suspension and then an Mot to at least use it before the next stage in the process

since you ask -

if everything below that diagonal line with the 62 in it was plain orange it would seem to me to follow the spirit of the logo better,

the logo is essentially an orange background with a white flah on which the black letters are placed

but i don't know if it would look any better than what you have done :spin2:

Cheers Ian

was really thinking about the concept, the photoshop thing was a rough guide TBH. It probably change as time goes on :)

• 4 weeks later...

rewired the rear of the bike and not too soon either. The fuses fell apart and the PO (not Paul) used those silly blue connectors instead of solder and Jap spade connectors.

Also the suspension bush finally arrived today (from Japan) and I rebuilt/fitted the suspension. Yay is moves now :hyper:

went for a little spin and seems to run OK considering its been outside for 3 months.

now to get it MOT'd and 6 months Tax and use it a bit and see what else needs doing before it comes off again for a rebuild.

Drewps

I agree the wheels looks great, what color did you use and color code ?

Ral 2004 orange

Ral 6027 light blue

Royal Blue for thin stripe between orange stripe and light blue

...and it passed (or past as you young'uns would say!)

tax it on thursday and use it for a bit and see what needs doing.

any xj owners out there?

engine sounds like this, some say its normal, but can anyone confirm?

Its hard to tell on my laptop but think iv'e heard others like that, have you checked the timing chain tensioner.

have a look on youtube I bet there's load's of clips like your's

I'm leaning towards the clutch now. carbs were balanced and tensioner already adjusted

been searching all night and it has the same setup as the divvy. Thrust bearing etc etc I was also having issues changing down but thought it was due to the slop in the linkage. If i pull in the clutch it momentarily disappears too which gives it more weight

Also the pin wears behind the basket which connects the oil pump which creates some noise. classic mini roll pin on order :)

think I'm getting there now :praying:

went for a little ride tonight, lamps kept on switching off, so I stopped then they went back on again WTF!!

checked the fuse box and found this

fz600-lamp-fuse_zps497d2276.jpg

cheapo fuses, I managed to get another set from Tesco nearby.

lovely handling bike, not very fast (although a did the ton on the back roads) but the chassis is so planted, nice.

On the way home the bike spluttered and it felt like fuel, so I went onto reserve and nothing changed (damn) so I pushed it to Tesco to fill up. bike fired up but it wouldn't rev but putting it on choke worked even though it had a 4k tickover :D

managed to limp home at 40 mph and 4 k revs at tickover, peeps thought I was showing off till the bike lurched and spluttered on take off.

got home and took the choke off and it bloody revs as normal now.

Need to pull the carbs for a clean, fuel filter and prob put new intake rubbers on as they are cracked.

fun night and on my anniversary too :)

might be worth checking out the coils it was something. I should have mentioned it happened. A couple of times to me when the bike was warm I put it down to loose fuses. But never got round to checking out the coils maybe breaking down due to being sat in the damp in all weather,The fuel problem. Not surprised. It was sat outside Of mine for a long time before it sat outside Yours the fuel must be 2 years old at least.must be. Due. A good clean the carbs, the rattle was always there disappears when clutch pulled in