New old geezer with elderly Yam

This post is 4210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All I've just picked up a 1980 XS650 US Custom that needs just a bit of TLC!!!! It's not my first Yamaha as back in the 80's I had what was possibly the first LC250 in England as I never did see another on a V plate, other than that I've had quite a few other bikes of Japanese, British and European origin and even a Russian one!!!! As for the old geezer bit at the top I've had bikes ever since I got my first licence back when Slade, Mott the Hoople and T Rex were in the charts so you can work that out for yourselves ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: to the YOC!

Hi Dave, Welcome to the YOC, at least I'm not the only old fart on here now. :biglaugha: :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

Hi and welcome dave.

Loads of old farts on the forum. Lots of 2 stroke lovers on the forum. There are some normal people too.

What part of Essex are you from?

I had a GT250 for a while, paid £40 for it off some bloke in Romford! You couldn't describe it as being in mint condition though ;)

Back in my teenage years I had a BSA Bantam, then a BSA Victor 250 (probably the most unreliable bike ever!), then a 250 Ducati Desmo before passing my test and moving up to a Ducati 900GTS.

I just love them old 250 desmo's...worth a lot of £££'s now Yellow I presume with clip on's a la cafe racer what a lovely sound they made

Yep yellow with clip-on, rearsets, race fairing, and a race mega that could be heard over a mile away!!! I bought it from Rayners in Chadwell Heath for £575 and sold it 2 years later for £500, I reckon you could easily add anothe 0 on that price these days though!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online