Hi From delmsie

delmsie
This post is 4220 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I am David from Australia. I stumbled upon this site checking out ideas for a bike project. I can see it's going to be a brilliant source of inspiration. I have a 2011 650 Classic as my daily ride. I just scored a 1994 1100 Virago as a donor bike for my project.

img0517yt.th.jpg

My initial plan was to bob it, but I am not so sure now after consideration of the frame construction and my abysmal knowledge of all things mechanical. I dare say that will change as I eventually progress this project. First thing is to see if I can get the beast to fire up. It had been sitting idle for some years. But not in to bad a state really.I was lucky enough to get it very cheap and if it or me decides to throw in the towel I should be able to still break even.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Dave welcome to the YOC..Start a project thread on the bobber

I reckon I will have to. I had looked through the one "noise" has done and was amazed by what he has done and the nifty post and photos.

:welcome: aboard.

Hey Dave welcome aboard!! a bobber is really easy to do.........all you basically do is take off every useless bit of crap that the bike dosen't need and et vala you have a bobber, but if you really want a one off bit of kit then you do need to chop / change the frame etc.

I will be more than happy to help you on your project as will every one else on here.

All the best

Keith

:welcome:

Hey and welcome to the forum!

Looking forward to seeing your project progress - definitely share pictures, there are a lot of bobber fans on here and people who are happy to help.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

It's a BOB. Decision made. As far as useless stuff on the bike there sure is plenty of that. The next few days I will just see if I can give it a bit of CPR and see if there is life after death. Hummm...Zombie bike or Death Star. I can see this is going to to provide me endless frustration but I am sure hoping to to have something worthwhile at the end.

Good man, good choice of route to go down. Id say zombie bike. Im going for an industrial / mechanical look. Every thing that works will be on show n looking the dogs doo dars.

Get a project thread going mate.

Well then if it has to have a name it'd be Rob (Zombie) No maybe Dragula is better.

Anyway more importantly it has risen from the dead. A couple of hours of fiddling and strangely no swearing and the machine rejoined the land of the living. Now the real fun can begin!

Done project thread started!

Awsome song that! Living dead girl is also a good one!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online