Duff links to service manual download sites

howy637
This post is 4229 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Why do they do it?? Most are cover sites for other gubbins and nearly all are useless!!

Why is it virtually impossible to get a service/workshop manual for a yamaha xvs 125???

Purrleease do not recommend produtools or whatever they are called... a cover for just a download site who try to take over your computer.

I thought proper club sites helped to find these things but alas no. The electronic sites are as bad. Usually giving you 72 hrs to read the pdf if not they close it off for you to read!! Having paid for it!!!!! There, i`ve got it off the old chest..... I feel marvelous! What tool is needed to adjust the mixture/air screw on same bike? It is virtually impossible to get a normal screwy in the hole. Do you remove tank???Who knows. Who cares. I DO. Help!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why do they do it?? Most are cover sites for other gubbins and nearly all are useless!!

Why is it virtually impossible to get a service/workshop manual for a yamaha xvs 125???

Purrleease do not recommend produtools or whatever they are called... a cover for just a download site who try to take over your computer.

I thought proper club sites helped to find these things but alas no. The electronic sites are as bad. Usually giving you 72 hrs to read the pdf if not they close it off for you to read!! Having paid for it!!!!! There, i`ve got it off the old chest..... I feel marvelous! What tool is needed to adjust the mixture/air screw on same bike? It is virtually impossible to get a normal screwy in the hole. Do you remove tank???Who knows. Who cares. I DO. Help!

Its not impossible, just try a polite request

Most sites are just links to links to get traffic through their sites.

Please remember that most, if not all, workshop manuals have a copyright and links to anything with a copyright is not allowed on the forum. This is due to the site owner being liable for copyright infringements and may lead to being extradited to the USA and held at guntantmo bay without a trial for 30 decades.

I made some of this up but no links to copyright materials please. It will be removed.

>Why is it virtually impossible to get a service/workshop manual for a yamaha xvs 125???

It's not impossible... Just that the most reliable way is to pay the same large amount of money that a professional mechanic would to obtain the official version.

Other than that, any free PDF or the like is technically illegal, due to the above-mentioned copyright. This is another reason why the links expire - People take the material down to avoid getting caught and prosecuted.

>I thought proper club sites helped to find these things but alas no.

I thought proper club site members wanting help were polite and appreciative of any efforts made to furnish them with illegal copies of what would otherwise cost a LOT of money to acquire... but alas, no.

>What tool is needed to adjust the mixture/air screw on same bike?

Most people actually use a screwdriver, I understand. Flathead, I believe, is the preferred choice. Try different sized ones, maybe thinner or longer, see if that helps.

Yes, taking tanks off usually makes some things easier.

It's been ages since I owned a 125 Drag, but are you sure it's the mixture screw you're after and not the idle screw?

I have a tool made by snap-on,it's a 1 foot long shaft with a 90 deg bend @ 2 in long, cable shaft inside that is turned by a thumb wheel . I can attach different 1/4in sockets to . But it,s 95 bucks

For a/f scerws I use a small flat blade attachment @ 1/4 in wide.

For the wr I run a Sunline a/f mix screw that needs no tools to adjust it has a thumb wheel on the end,you remove the stock a/f screw and install thiers in the same # of turns then adjust to what works for different temps.

www.sunlineracing.com

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online