where would i buy structural parts of an rxs 100.

shambles1980
This post is 4270 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

cant seem to find front foot pegs + center stand.

i noticed my center stand was more of a side stand..

Then i noticed if i was to do something drastic like ohh.. use the back break. the foot peg moves...

so im trying to figure out where i would get atleast the little frame that has the footpegs

I really need to jet wash the whole underside of the frame so i can see whats wrong. "could just need bolting on properly i guess"

But if i do need to replace it. i have no idea where to get one. Or if i can use one from a diferent model yamaha.

also not to sure about welding it back together if its snaped as i dont know what the MOT people would say

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

for some reason "and i can probably guess why" ebay breakers never sell the frame. and they dont seem to sell the front foot rest bracket either..

i can get a center stand. although i do prefer a side stand.

i will try to jet was the thing today and see what the damage actually is.

the guy that gave it to me said.

"i bought the bike not that long ago, and it did have an mot for a while before he put the bike away because it would not run properly"

So really It SHOULD be structurally sound.

But there seems to be a lot of mud and other junk under there, so i dont think the friend that gave it to me ever thought to make sure it was reasonably clean before he stored it..

on a side note i found a place selling LOTS of parts. But they seem to be from India. and i have no idea how much 350.000.00 whatever is.,

But if needs be i guess i can source from there.

honestly if it was a diferent mode l probably wouldnt bother.

I can get a CB 125 for the same amount of money im going to be spending on parts. "taxed and tested"

but something about the rxs makes me want to restore it so its the best it can be.

But having said that i am a bit peeved that i can only find parts for them in india.

Arent there any patern parts for it?

or some intechange able parts from a diferent bike..

You really need to see what the issues are before looking to fit alternative parts. Some footrests just bolt on so it could be just loose bolts as Airhead said. It could be that bolt holes have elongated. Both would be easier fixes than trying to fit a non standard part. If it is a welding job then an MOT tester would be happier with that than a cobbled alternative.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online