dt 125 x 2006 wont start and sluggish top end???

This post is 4194 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey mate

your saying sluggish topend-is it stuttering (pulling random)?

any idea what colour the end of the spark plug is??

could be a number of things

was it running fine before servicing or is it something that has happened all of a sudden?

if you can explain exactly whats happened and when along with colour of plug someone in here might be able to help you!!

cheers

ken

yeah it was serviced just before i purchased it on ebay.( so they said....).the colour of the spark plug is a light brown colour. its just had new battery and plug - and it isnt jumpy at all, its sort of fine up till 50mph then just sluggish top end past 50mph to get to 70mph i have to tuck right down and be on a smooth downhill surface. i have trouble starting it too 60% of the time it start's with full choke and 40% of the time i have to bump start it.

also my alarm system stopped working when i got it home it was fine when i was looking over the bike before i purchased but as soon as i got back to eastbourne from london everything started to not work and not work as well. its a meta system alarm with a small thob with two buttons one bigger than the other i know its not the thob because if i hold down the bigger button of the two the alarm goes off, but i cant arm the alarm the smaller button doesn't work

Colour of plug suggests its running right mixture!

When you do get it ticking over is the revs 1500rpm ish?

Mine wouldn't pull just like yours, was smooth but underpowered, found out my power valve was restricted and also the limiter was still present in speedo!!!

Does your bike redline through the gears?

Before mine was derestricted I could get about 7500rpm just before powerband was gonna Kick in then that was it!

Now I can scream through the gears redline and it shifts

My bike doesn't start sometimes I just keep kicking them it does, mine doesn't like the cold

Don't think I can help you!

No idea on your idle rpm no idea on your max rpm your plug is correct colour.

All I can think is fuel supply problem

Sorry

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

iv had my fair share of problems with dtr's and my guess is the restricter is still in the speedo or it s the powervalve or the powervalve servo. i would go to a bike garage and just ask one of the mechanics to have a look under your speedo and see if its still restriced the wont charge anything for that, or look on youtube it may show you on there how to find out if its restriced. to find out if its the powervalve causing the problem look on the left hand side of the barrell and theres a round cap with 2 screws in and 2 wires going into it, simply take off the cap and youl see where the 2 wires connect, take off the front pipe of the exhaust and feel inside where the powervalve blade is, make sure its wide open, (should just feel like the rest of the exhaust port) you can easily move it so its wide open then when its in place use something to keep the plastic part infront of you from moving, then follow the 2 wires back out the cap and to the servo, then disconnect the servo wire, its a 4 pin white cap sorta thing its a lot easier than it sounds, then while you have the servo disconnected and the powervalve pinned open go out on your bike and if its wprking as it should then it was the servo causing the problem, if its still the same then it may be the powervalve its self, before removing the pwervalve you can check the blade by removing your front pipe and putting your finger in the exhaust port on the barrell, feel the blade it should be smooth if not you need to remove the powervalve and clean it or replace it if its damaged, go back under the cap with the servo wires in and unscrew all the bolts you see, then on the opposite side of the barrell under your frontpipe there is another cap with one bolt it, remove that and there willk be a small allen key bolt, symoultaniously unscrew the 2allen key bolts from each side and your powervalve splits in half and comes out each side, trust me this is a lot easier than it sounds oh and by the way with the powervalve pinned open it makes your bike incredibly faster must not very fuel efficient. once youv done all of this once you can do it with your eyes closed! If your bike is still sluggish then all i can think is the fuel mixture is off and i have no idea about fuel mixture sorry, i learned to do all of this myself simply by geting my tool set and going at it not having a clue, but if your unsure go on youtube and type in dtr powervalve and it will show you one working as it should, i hope iv been of help because i know how it feels to have a nice fast bike that isnt living out to its full pottential. if you have any questions just give me an email [email protected] as i am not on this yamahaclub forum site very often

• 3 weeks later...

My bike doesn't start sometimes I just keep kicking them it does, mine doesn't like the cold

Don't think I can help you!

No idea on your idle rpm no idea on your max rpm your plug is correct colour.

All I can think is fuel supply problem

Sorry

Ken

hi ken did u sort ur problem im having the same probs just wonderd if u sorted urs paul

Nah mate, sometimes it's just really cold in my little Tin shed so it takes like 4 kicks to get her going with choke on!

Can't rev her until she is warmed cos I just get a bogging sound and it cuts out!

Summer time I can fire it up using my hand first push without choke!!!

Was frosty as hell this morning so took a few kicks and 10 mind with choke on.

Ken

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online